test

Brian Sweetnam
I cannot contact the forum, via e-mail, nor via the web interface.  I'm sure
that this message will en up nowhere.

Re: test

grahamg
It seems to be working again today... maybe the migration of server platforms is almost done?

On Mar 5, 2018 at 2:51 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

I cannot contact the forum, via e-mail, nor via the web interface.  I'm sure

that this message will en up nowhere.

Re: test

jbeach2646
Brian and Graham, I have both of you test messages this morning in  New York , U.S. at 12:15 GMT (UTC).

Re: test

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you John.

I really hope they sort this out.

Re: test

Question:  The date/time on your test was given as March 5, 2018 (yesterday) at 2:51 p.m.  (1451).   Is that Johannesburg time, place of origin?   This is a confusing issue because, quite
often, internet times in the U.S. are given as Pacific (Coast) Time, whether daylight or standard time.  Seemingly, as in the old days, international communications should be given as
Greenwich Mean Time, now Coordinated Universal Time.   Are the times of the messages of the forum always the time of the place of origin of the message?  I had not paid a great deal
of attention to this until it became relevant to how long it is taking messages to be posted.

John

Re: test

Brian, that one came through in about 6 minutes.  Not bad.
John

Re: test

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you John.

On my side, it puts the time stamp of my local time, it seems to correct.
It is now 15:51 on 5 March 2018.

Re: test

Brian Sweetnam
And now, it took 3 minutes for it to get back to me.  I truly hope they make
the effort to fix whatever is causing this.  I'm almost giving up hope.

Who has that latest list of e-mail addresses, please, I feel that I need it
just in case...........

Could anybody please send it to me, at [hidden email]

Re: test

That means you are 7 hours ahead of New York time.  Would not have thought
that since Moscow is 8 hours ahead.  My guess would have been 5 hours ahead
at most.
John

Re: test

Brian Sweetnam
That is right, Moscow is 1 hour ahead of us.

Re: test

jOrgan - User mailing list
Showed up in my eMail inbox this morning.
/s/Chester

I cannot contact the forum, via e-mail, nor via the web interface.  I'm sure
that this message will en up nowhere.

Re: test

jbeach2646
Chester, your posting made my inbox.

Re: test

Brian Sweetnam wrote
> Who has that latest list of e-mail addresses, please, I feel that I need
> it
> just in case...........
>
> Could anybody please send it to me

BrianS,

Unfortunately we don’t have access to that list of names, since SourceForge
got touchy about privacy concerns, and deprived us (and Sven also, I
suspect) of access to the list. I once saw the list on my computer, all
nicely arranged in alphabetical groups, but no more, unfortunately.

This was my concern whilst SourceForge were having their real problems in
migrating to their new datacenter.  I saw in one place that they called it a
“disaster”. What happens if they lose our list?

Welcome back, everybody!

Re: test

jOrgan - User mailing list
Brian (and anyone else collecting eMail addresses for jOrgan users):
please include my name (Chester H Berry) and this eMail address.
I am near Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA, Mountain time zone (7 hours behind GMT)
/s/Chester

> Who has that latest list of e-mail addresses, please, I feel that I need
> it
> just in case...........
>
> Could anybody please send it to me

BrianS,

Unfortunately we don’t have access to that list of names, since SourceForge
got touchy about privacy concerns, and deprived us (and Sven also, I
suspect) of access to the list. I once saw the list on my computer, all
nicely arranged in alphabetical groups, but no more, unfortunately.

This was my concern whilst SourceForge were having their real problems in
migrating to their new datacenter.  I saw in one place that they called it a
“disaster”. What happens if they lose our list?

Welcome back, everybody!

> Who has that latest list of e-mail addresses, please, I feel that I need
> it
> just in case...........
>
> Could anybody please send it to me

BrianS,

Unfortunately we don’t have access to that list of names, since SourceForge
got touchy about privacy concerns, and deprived us (and Sven also, I
suspect) of access to the list. I once saw the list on my computer, all
nicely arranged in alphabetical groups, but no more, unfortunately.

This was my concern whilst SourceForge were having their real problems in
migrating to their new datacenter.  I saw in one place that they called it a
“disaster”. What happens if they lose our list?

Welcome back, everybody!

Let's all sing Happy Birthday

jOrgan - User mailing list

Snoopy and the gang? Good Grief!

The beautiful thing about Snoopy and his gang is they work so well together (well, er  .  .  . except for an occasional misplaced football .  .  . but I digress). They need each other and they support each other (if not, the Doctor is “IN” for advice!). They grew from a comic strip to a Broadway play, always aware of each other’s strengths and shortcomings.

And so it is that in today’s community, we really need each other. That is the purpose for this list. Got a question about creativity on jOrgan? Got an answer to another's question? Posting it to this worldwide list is a sure way to provide excellence in achieving your musical goals.

 Perhaps that is the reason Met Life chose the little beagle as their mascot. He's a team player, and teamwork is no stranger to their leadership.

The original National Union Life and Limb Insurance Company (established after the U.S. War Between the States with six employees in a two-room office before the use of electricity and telephone) was falling apart. Changes were made to keep it afloat, including chopping off all other insurance except Life, renaming it Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, and turning attention to caring for individuals. In 1879, MetLife President Joseph F. Knapp instructed the Met Life agent to become an important person in the lives of policy holders. Manuals instructed agents to call at in the homes at the same time each week to ensure familiarity and contact. In the process of collecting premiums, insurance agents listened to the problems, concerns, and hopes of their clients. So successful was this approach that by 1909, MetLife became the nation's largest life insurer in North America.

Our success today is engaged in listening to the problems, concerns and hopes of our members.

When Joseph F. Knapp died, his widow, Phoebe, whom he had married when she was sixteen, was left with a huge income, donating much of it to charity. Phoebe, a talented musician, had a large pipe organ installed in her massive apartment in the Savoy Hotel overlooking New York City, to compose her music. As member of the John Street Methodist Church in New York City, she built a relationship with a fellow worshipper born on March 24 in 1820 named Fanny Crosby, known for writing some 8,000 hymns. She inspired Phoebe to write, as well. Phoebe herself composed more than 500 hymns, including one to be sung this coming Palm Sunday in many churches, “Open the Gates of the Temple.”

Fanny says, “My friend, Mrs. Knapp, composed a melody, and played it over to me two or three times on the piano. She then asked me what it said, and I immediately replied Blessed Assurance.” In just a few minutes, Fanny Crosby supplied the words for the song, and it was published in 1873. When Fanny died, her tombstone carried the words, “Aunt Fanny” and “Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine.”

On today’s date we celebrate Fanny Crosby’s birthday, and her teamwork that influenced a fellow musician.

Important birthdays today include our own antipodean teammate, jOrganist John Reimer (and his twin brother Peter) in Australia.

Other birthdays include industrialist, philanthropist and U.S. Secretary of the Treasury Andrew Mellon (1855); magician Harry Houdini (1874); actors Steve McQueen (1930); Robert Carradine (1954); Vanessa Brown (1928); Lilli Palmer (1914); Silent comedian Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle (1887); The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons (1973); Buffy’s Alyson Hannigan (1974), while artists include Englebert van Anderlecht (1918) and Charles Eyck (1897). Musicians include Patti Labelle (1944) and Billy Stewart (1937).

Clyde Barrow (1909, the “Clyde” half of the Bonnie and Clyde team); and Peyton Manning (1976 - a strong team player who makes the game of football enjoyable) celebrate birthdays today, as well as fashion designer Bob Mackie (1940 – Remember Carol-Burnett-as-Scarlet-O’Hara descending the stairs? or Streissand and Cher’s costumes?).

I’d love to share more exciting history of this day (including the first religious radio broadcast - in New York in 1930, and the Amway Corp $9 million lawsuit to pay for the company's use of songs by top artists in videotaped sales pitches -  or Elvis enlisting in the US Army -  the openings of  "Carousel," "Les Miserables" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" .  .  .   oh, yes, and the 1965 electrical shock from a microphone stand that knocked Bill Wyman unconscious on the first date of the Rolling Stones anniversary tour) .  .  .  but my space is gone, so I won’t, except to say that in 1868 Metropolitan Life Insurance Company was formed, and therein lies an important tale.

pk