test

12

test

Brian Sweetnam
test

Re: Touchscreen monitor placement

Brian Sweetnam
It seems the forum has gone mad again.  Not the people, but the forum itself
is behaving erratically - with no posts coming through for days, then one
post, then nothing again.  Even my own posts are not appearing as expected.

Can this forum not be migrated to something else, which is also free??

I hope somebody get's to read this email.

Re: Touchscreen monitor placement

It is dependent on how the list user replies. If you "reply" the message you send goes to the user who posted. If you "reply list" the reply is sent to the list. If you "reply all" the message is sent to the user who posted and to the list.

On 02/20/2018 12:03 AM, BrianS wrote:
It seems the forum has gone mad again.  Not the people, but the forum itself
is behaving erratically - with no posts coming through for days, then one
post, then nothing again.  Even my own posts are not appearing as expected.

Can this forum not be migrated to something else, which is also free??

I hope somebody get's to read this email.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: Touchscreen monitor placement

jOrgan - User mailing list
I got your post, having missed several days of posting here, as well.

Weird stuff, fr'sure. Things are weird everywhere, though.

As creator / Moderator of a half dozen chatlists by Yahoo (as well as several websites) I have had to deal with stuff that for a dozen years never caused difficulty - til now.

Sad, because I grew up with the belief: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But that is not the way the Internet operates today, where continual software updates (over which we users have no control) are terrible! Many of my emails suffer from changes over which there is no control. Changed text formatting, spacing, carriage returns, colors, everything is changed from the original posting. Many times the posting is held up and released belatedly.

Perhaps the present emails here suffer the same.

pk

Monday, February 19, 2018, 9:03 PM PST, BrianS wrote:

<snip>
It seems the forum has gone mad again.  Not the people, but the forum itself
is behaving erratically - with no posts coming through for days, then one
post, then nothing again.  Even my own posts are not appearing as expected.
Can this forum not be migrated to something else, which is also free??
I hope somebody gets to read this email.
<snip>

Re: Touchscreen monitor placement

Thank you Pete.  I have always been able to read all posts on this forum, no matter if they were posted directly from the forum, or if they were posted from the e-mail system.

It is only as of late that it has broken, for me at least.

I still do not see any of these posts on the forum, I only see them in my mailbox.

Brian.

Re: Touchscreen monitor placement

Brian Sweetnam
None of my recent new posts, have appeared on jOrgan forum - they are lost in
the ether.

Re: test

Did I pass?

On 02/20/2018 01:45 AM, Brian Sweetnam wrote:
test

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: test

Brian Sweetnam
Yes, you did.

I don't know what's going on with the forum, but it is disappointing that it
is failing.

Re: test

We should move this forum to another platform.  This one is too unreliable.

Re: test

jbeach2646
I am getting everything you send out.  I do think there is a general lack of
input from jOrgan users who may read and follow what is going on with the
forum.

Olympics music

jOrgan - User mailing list
When I hear the patched-together music that skaters use for the different movements of their competetion routines, I long for the creativity of the symphonic / theatre / cinema organ playing a suitable style of contiguous music. The background accompaniment could be a so much cohesive performance.

Makes me almost want to take up serious skating all over again, just to participate, modeling a background of suitable creative organ trax.

pk

Re: jOrgan-user Digest, Vol 132, Issue 18

BrianS,

I have experienced the same problem today, having sent a post to the Forum
seven hours ago, which it seemed to accept, giving me the normal message,
and the post still hasn’t appeared there. Usually it is almost
instantaneous.

However, until we know more, we can’t automatically blame the Nabble
Forum. I’m not meaning to set myself up as the “Defender of the Forum”,
but the SourceForge Mailing List is also involved, and it takes two to
tango. It is a fact that I have just moved some relevant posts from the
Touchscreen thread to your “test” thread, and the Forum did this without
any trouble. In fact last year when we had similar problems, it turned out
that it was SourceForge that had created the situation by applying some
new protocols.

I don't receive Mailing List emails individually, but I do get the
Digests, eventually. So it always takes some time before I can draw any
conclusions about what the Mailing List is doing. We’ll see if this
message makes it into the Mailing List and into the Nabble Forum.

Re: test

Received.

On 02/20/2018 09:53 AM, John Beach wrote:
I am getting everything you send out.  I do think there is a general lack of input from jOrgan users who may read and follow what is going on with the forum.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: test

tbeck
I've responded to a couple of threads, but haven't received any responses or feedback.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 10:53 AM, John Beach <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am getting everything you send out.  I do think there is a general lack of input from jOrgan users who may read and follow what is going on with the forum.

Fw: Olympics music

jOrgan - User mailing list
When I hear the patched-together music that skaters use for the different movements of their competition routines, I long for the creativity of the symphonic / theatre / cinema organ playing a suitable style of contiguous music. The background accompaniment could be a so much cohesive performance.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:53 AM, John Beach <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am getting everything you send out.  I do think there is a general lack of input from jOrgan users who may read and follow what is going on with the forum.

John Beach

I see frequent references to a "forum". Is that different from the mailing list? I, too, think that I am getting everything sent out, but how would I know for sure ;-).

I am registered on [hidden email], and read the mailing list using my e-mail web client.

Re: test

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Thomas Beck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've responded to a couple of threads, but haven't received any responses or feedback.

Consider yourself responded to. ;-) Regarding the earlier threads I have nothing to say.

Re: Fw: Olympics music

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Paul Kealy via jOrgan-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
When I hear the patched-together music that skaters use for the different movements of their competition routines, I long for the creativity of the symphonic / theatre / cinema organ playing a suitable style of contiguous music. The background accompaniment could be a so much cohesive performance.

Makes me almost want to take up serious skating all over again, just to participate, modeling a background of suitable creative organ trax.

pk

copy.

Re: test

tbeck
Ok. Thanks, Aaron. I guess my posts are making. At least this one did.

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Aaron Laws <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Thomas Beck <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've responded to a couple of threads, but haven't received any responses or feedback.

Consider yourself responded to. ;-) Regarding the earlier threads I have nothing to say.

Re: test

Aaron Laws
On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 1:49 PM, Thomas Beck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok. Thanks, Aaron. I guess my posts are making. At least this one did.

copy

12