reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECO v3.15

ken

reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECO v3.15

ken
Is there an easy way to reduce the volume on the Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECO v3.15 via
organ construct, or do I have to use vienna software to alter the disposition?
If so, what are the parameters?

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECOv3.15

jbeach2646
Open the soundfont in Vien(n)a, find the instrument, Fanfare Trumpet, and in
the volume envelope section, attenuate the samples to the level that is
comfortable for you.

Is there an easy way to reduce the volume on the Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman
ECO v3.15 via
organ construct, or do I have to use vienna software to alter the
disposition?
If so, what are the parameters?

__________________________________
Pastor Paul C. Stratman

St. Stephen's Ev. Lutheran Church (WELS)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
http://pastorstratman.wordpress.com/
http://www.saintstephen.org

ken

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECOv3.15

ken
Hi: thanks both for help. Easy enough to do, and made this
disposition a lot more playable. Now comes the bigger question,
where do I find out what the various "engaged"  disengaged"
message values in organ construct mean? If I want to increase volume on
a stop, what are those parameters. I'm not quite ready to
use the "viennas" as yet. It seems to me that the Solo division stops are
a little out of balance. The other reeds are really too quiet for solo stops,
and the fanfare was just too big. Thanks again for the help.
Ken Barta

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learnmore_122612

ken

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECOv3.15

ken
Hi again: well, tried to increase the clarinet and oboe. Bigger than
120, the stop goes mute, and the change is minimal. Is that the limit, or
is something else happening? Ken

On 1/2/2013 1:20 PM, Paul Stratman wrote:
[...]

Dries
This is a sort of MIDI command.
If i'm right set 176 is control/mode change
Set 7 is for channel volume change
Set 100 is the value for the volume change (0-127)

Hope this helps.
BR, Dries
Dries Nelemans - Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
ken

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECOv3.15

ken
Hi: Yes, that tells me the limit. I bumped the overall gain
up .01, and that seems to help overall, to get the adjustment.
Ken

On 1/2/2013 2:01 PM, Dries wrote:
This is a sort of MIDI command.
If i'm right set 176 is control/mode change
Set 7 is for channel volume change
Set 100 is the value for the volume change (0-127)

Hope this helps.
BR, Dries

-----
-------
User error: replace user and press any key to continue.

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECOv3.15

Dries
Well, then you change the volume of all ranks, not only the Fanfare Trumpet 8.
With the Engaged 176,7,nn message you can more balance the different ranks.
ken

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECOv3.15

ken
Hi; well, the organ overall seemed to need a slight boost.
I play a great deal of solo stops in trio format, which is
what organ playing is all about unless one is playing Bach
fugues, in which case a good organ plano is needed--
even the Schubler chorales need good solo stops. I avoided
this disposition because the solo stops were out of balance
with the fanfare. Now it is sounding very good--the rest of the
organ doesn't sound so anemic by comparison, and I need
reduced registrations to get an ensemble. Too many stops
coupled all over leads to buffer problems. This has improved
the whole disposition. Ken
Well, then you change the volume of all ranks, not only the Fanfare Trumpet
8.
With the Engaged 176,7,nn message you can more balance the different ranks.
BR, Dries

-----
-------
User error: replace user and press any key to continue.

Re: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

jbeach2646
The attached zip file contains original html pages of the jOrgan website as it was 10 years ago.  You can see how far Sven has developed jOrgan over the past 10 years from an essentially “text”
and check box application to a full-fledged virtual organ console with the varieties we have today.  I thought some might be interested to see the contrasts and changes.  Also, I was somewhat
embarrassed when I noticed that the number of my personal posts is now up to 1009 (1010 including this one).  That seems like a lot until you realize that I have been a member of this forum
for more years than the 10.  jOrgan is a real pleasure to work with and is relatively trouble-free.  I  wish you all a Happy New Year and look forward to the coming year and the improvements and changes which continue to make jOrgan a really fun program.
Unzip the file and click on the html which should open in your browser.  The folders contain related info which are accessed automatically when the htmls are opened.

jOrgan2003.zip (102K) Download Attachment

Σχετ: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

Panos K. Ghekas
Thanks for this John.
I'm still here, I'm reading all posts, not answering though because I don't see that I can add something useful to the already great answers and discussion.

10 years of evolution... to become a powerful musical weapon. Viva jO !

Things in Greece are very bad we try to survive with all means we can, so producing models for jO and any other app is at hold for the time being ...

I wish to you and all friends here a very healthy and happy and full of music new year.

Best
Panos

Απο: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Προς: [hidden email]
Στάλθηκε: 10:14 μ.μ. Τετάρτη, 2 Ιανουαρίου 2013
Θέμα: Re: [jOrgan-user] jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

[...]

Re: Σχετ: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

mashaffer
My prayers are with you Panos.

mike

Re: Σχετ: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

Hi, Panos,

              "not answering though because I don't see that I can add something useful"...

   OMG... Then there's yours truly... Humble member here, moderator on two other organ forums... If only others would follow that simple rule!   *:)) laughing

Re: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

Marco Francesco
How come this post does not appear as a new separate subject in the mailing list?

Marco

Re: Σχετ: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

Marco Francesco
Hi Roy and Panos!

Good to hear from both of you after so long! I would have excused Roy - it seems like he does his best to respect and honour his country's traditional friendship with beer.... but you Panos..... cannot think of any excuse!!! hehehe

Have a better year than last and HAVE FUN!

Marco

Re: jOrgan has come a long way over the last 10 years

The subject line is what it is.  I don't know why the "message in context"
below Marco's name is what it is.  I am pretty sure I started a fresh email,
not a "reply to sender" or "reply to all" option
in the Live Mail program.
Sorry about that.

How come this post does not appear as a new separate subject in the mailing
list?

Marco

Re: reducing volume on Fanfare Trumpet on Stratman ECO v3.15

CDDu
About reducing or increasing the overall volume of a particular disposition, I believe that some of this can be done by adjusting the value(s) in the last panel of "Customize", which is labeled "Customize Fluidsynth". There I believe you can increase the overall volume by changing the default fractional value to 1.0. If this does not increase the volume sufficiently, then I usually open the particular soundfont (.sf) file using Viena (single "n"), click on Setup, click the Synth Engine tab, and drag the setpoint of Main Output Volume either left (minus) or right (plus). When finished, click OK and then be sure to save the file. Hope this helps.