Quantcast

progress with scripting jOrgan

Julie Porter
I have been working the last week to help setup the big Maker Faire that is this weekend.   I have not had much time to work on my VTPO.  I have been able to work on things a bit inbetween.

I figured out how to get the swell pedals to work using the note events to control the continuesFilter.   I wound up seeing what the wizard would record (Even though if breaks other things.)  The results from the wizard showed that the note/on off events can be used as inputs.   It did require tweaking the MPL code a bit to make is scriptible.

The workshop leader for the weekly rasberry pi group has written a book detailing what he has been teaching us.  The book is called Make: Linux for makers ISBN 9781680451832
I should stress that Arron advises to not use NOOBS.  That it is much too confusing and leads to a lot of frustration.

I made a frame for my 7" Pi screen.  There seemed to be no additional drivers required for it as this is the "official" screen that connects to the display port on the pi.    I am using the code from last August and it seems that there is a fluidsynth lib in the jorgan folder.  I have yet to transfer the most recent disposition with the sound fonts and skin.   The error warnings seem to be coming from the fluidsynth task.

Re: progress with scripting jOrgan

BrianS
Hi Julie,

When I setup my Raspberry Pi to run jOrgan, I did so with the advice of Ray on this forum.

1. I installed Raspbian.
2. I simply unzipped jOrgan 3.21beta1 onto the SD card.
3. I created a desktop icon to run jOrgan.
4. I configured jOrgan to load the last used disposition on startup.
5. I configured Jack with the help of Graham Goode.

I get no error messages, and jOrgan works fine with extremely low latency on my system.