mididecoder problem

Johnc
Sven,
I am using jorgan with actual pipes using the mididecoder extension.  One of my pipe ranks, 16' Bourdon,  is missing the bottom 5 pipes, so I set up a 16' Bourdon stop using Bruce's soundfonts and  limiting the range to the bottom 5 notes.  I also set up a 16' Bourdon Pipes stop
using mididecoder limiting the range to the notes for which pipes exist.  Since I am using remote control stop switches on the console to activate stops,  I assigned both of the 16' bourdon stops, pipes and soundfonts to the same stop switch on the console.   However,  with the stop switch on the console depressed, the soundfont notes play, but there is no midi decoder output to the pipe magnets.
Depressing the stop switch activtates both screen stop switches on the monitor.
Is this not possible to do?
Johnc

Re: mididecoder problem

Jim Pinder

John - this was a bit of a tricky one, and I was half way through a reply, when I realised I was way off beam.

I think the way to do it is create two Bourdon 16 stops - one to your pipe midicoder soundsource and the other to Bruces soundfonts soundsource. The only way I can see this working is if Bruces soundfont has the bottom 5 notes and then silence for all the others in the keyboard. I assume you midicoder will work down to the bottom notes - and then becasue the pipe is missing (or the magnets are not connected) it will just not sound below that.

On the screen set up the stops but do not show a "style" or do not reference them to the console so they will not show. The way to activate them is then to create a "coupler" element (using the "stop" style instead of a "coupler" style, so it looks like a stop). Reference this to the two invisible Bourdon stops and to whichever keyboard you want.

When you pull the coupler it will activate both stops, Bruces will sound the bottom five notes, but play silence for the rest and the midicoder will take over from note 6 upwards.

You can, of course repeat the coupler to other keyboards.

Jim

I am using jorgan with actual pipes using the mididecoder extension.  One of my pipe ranks, 16' Bourdon,  is missing the bottom 5 pipes, so I set up a 16' Bourdon stop using Bruce's soundfonts and  limiting the range to the bottom 5 notes.  I also set up a 16' Bourdon Pipes stop
using mididecoder limiting the range to the notes for which pipes exist.  Since I am using remote control stop switches on the console to activate stops,  I assigned both of the 16' bourdon stops, pipes and soundfonts to the same stop switch on the console.   However,  with the stop switch on the console depressed, the soundfont notes play, but there is no midi decoder output to the pipe magnets.
Depressing the stop switch activtates both screen stop switches on the monitor.
Is this not possible to do?
Johnc

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/

Re: mididecoder problem

I think both solutions should work fine.

@John: You have restricted the soundfonts to the lowest 5 notes, didn't
you? Are the references of both stops set up correctly? Both should be
referenced by the keyboard element and don't forget to add the reference
to their correct Soundsource.

Sven

[hidden email] wrote:

> John - this was a bit of a tricky one, and I was half way through a
> reply, when I realised I was way off beam.
>
> I think the way to do it is create two Bourdon 16 stops - one to your
> pipe midicoder soundsource and the other to Bruces soundfonts
> soundsource. The only way I can see this working is if Bruces
> soundfont has the bottom 5 notes and then silence for all the others
> in the keyboard. I assume you midicoder will work down to the bottom
> notes - and then becasue the pipe is missing (or the magnets are not
> connected) it will just not sound below that.
>
> On the screen set up the stops but do not show a "style" or do not
> reference them to the console so they will not show. The way to
> activate them is then to create a "coupler" element (using the "stop"
> style instead of a "coupler" style, so it looks like a stop).
> Reference this to the two invisible Bourdon stops and to whichever
> keyboard you want.
>
> When you pull the coupler it will activate both stops, Bruces will
> sound the bottom five notes, but play silence for the rest and the
> midicoder will take over from note 6 upwards.
>
> You can, of course repeat the coupler to other keyboards.
>
> Jim

At this point I have it working.  Three Pedal keyboards: Pedal (all full range stops), Pedal pipes ( F1 thru G3), Pedal SF2(C1 to E1); Soundsource for Pedal (Full range), Pedal Bourdon pipes (mididecoder), Pedal Bourdon SF2(limited range). The stops are 16' Bourdon pipes, 16' bourdon SF2 on the jOrgan screen, both stops referenced to one manual sto tab on the console.  Works just fine.
Johnc
svenmeier wrote
Hi,