jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

Chris P
I have tried to set up v3.18 with Jack/Reverberate, as per instructions on
Sourceforge, "Using Jack connections with VST effects" but when I get to the
the option in "Wave devices" to select "ASIO:Jack Router" it's not shown as an option!

What am I missing in the set up?

Is it possible to use v3.18 with a VST?

Windows XP Pro SP3.

Regards
Chris P

Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

grahamg
Hi Chris,

jOrgan 3.18 and higher now allow the use of different 'Fluidsynth
Backends' - so there are now a coupe of backend packages available on
the jOrgan Sourceforge site, including PortAudio packages and native
Jack.

For more information see the first section of :
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/jorgan/index.php?title=Instructions_on_using_the_PortAudio_driver_in_the_Fluidsynth_Extension

We're still testing the Jack backends, and I have been away on leave
so have not had time to update the Jack wiki pages with this
information yet, but the packages are available at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jorgan/files/fluidsynth/

If you're using Windows Vista/ Windows 7 64-bit with Jack 32/64 bit
please let me know as I have a test package that is not on the
sourceforge download page yet.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 1/7/13, Chris P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have tried to set up v3.18 with Jack/Reverberate, as per instructions on
> Sourceforge, "Using Jack connections with VST effects" but when I get to
> the
> the option in "Wave devices" to select "ASIO:Jack Router" it's not shown as
> an option!
>
> What am I missing in the set up?
>
> Is it possible to use v3.18 with a VST?
>
> Windows XP Pro SP3.
>
> Regards
> Chris P
>

> -----
> Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

Chris P
Hi, Graham

I have used one of the "back-ends". I can't remember which one, old age and getting a new PC loaded etc! I am perhaps getting confused with all the different methods of outputting sound on different pages of the Wiki.

I will have another go with the Portaudio ASIO back-end and hopefully connect to a VST.

I am using Windows Xp Pro SP3.

Regards
Chris
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

Chris P
Hi, Graham

I have re-downloaded the back end files and others just in case a newly installed firewall is preventing connections between the various software.
I am still not getting the option in  ReverberateLE "Wave devices" to select "ASIO:Jack Router".

Could you please be more specifiy in which downloads I actually need, I may be using the wrong ones, to use Jack/ASIO4ALL/Reverberate.

Thanks

Regards
Chris P
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

grahamg
Hi Chris,

It looks like you're having issue with your Jack installation or your
ReverberateLE settings....

So, this morning I downloaded the latest versions:

Savihost [VST Host]
http://www.hermannseib.com/programs/savihostnkx86.zip

Reverberate LE
http://www.liquidsonics.com/software/Setup_Reverberate_LE_1.007.exe

Jack Audio Connection Kit
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28869550/Jack_v1.9.9_32_setup.exe

[note that Windows XP users have to use the 32-bit version of Jack as
the 64-bit bridge drivers require a more recent Windows library only
distributed with Vista and greater]

Once both of those were installed I was able to re-configure the Jack
PortAudio shortcut to use ASIO4ALL (as per the jOrgan Wiki page), and
then run Jack.

Then I copied savihost.exe into my vstplugins folder, renamed it to
ReverberateLE.exe and then started the VST. Then I configured the
Audio

Devices -> Wave -> Output Port -> ASIO : JackRouter (and corrected the
buffer size to match Jack)

I then downloaded the 32-bit version of Fluidsynth 1.1.6
PortAudio/Jack backend for jOrgan 3.18 (and higher)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jorgan/files/fluidsynth/fluidsynth1.1.6.dsound.portaudio.jack.x86-1.1.zip/download

I installed that in my jOrgan 3.18 32-bit installation libs folder. I
then ran jOrgan, from the menu selected View -> Configuration ->
Fluidsynth and selected the PortAudio.Jack backend. I then closed
jOrgan, and restarted it.

Finally I loaded a disposition, and in the fluidsynth sound element I
was able to select Jack from the drop-down. Using the Jack Control
view screen I then connected the jOrgan fluidsynth output (left side)
to the ReverberateLE input (right side) and disconnected the jOrgan
fludisynth output (left side) from the system input (right side). I
also disconnect the System Output (left side) from the ReverberateLE
input (right side) so that my onboard microphone was not connected.

Then played a MIDI file and adjusted the Reverb to suit my ears ;)

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Re: jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

Chris P
Hi, Graham

That has helped tremendously. Working a treat now. I have also added the "dry" connection which I favoured before. Just need to rescue the reverb impulses and patchbay settings for all my dispositions off the old PC from v3.14 and we should be rocking, sorry, having fun again.

I suspect now that the problem was possibley a mix between not setting up savihost/reverberate correctly and the firewall.  I have Comodo which challenges every bit of software and seems to have done more so this time than on my previous attempts to get this working. It may have without warning blocked something before. I have uninstalled everything and done new downloads and installs!

Thanks

Regards
Chris P
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: jOrgan v3.18 Cannot set up Jack/Reverberate VST

grahamg
Hi Chris,

Great that you've got it working now :)

Kind regards,