jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

BCA

jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

BCA

Sven was as kind as to give me the final jOrgan database files at disposal - so we've created a temporary (but stable and ad-free) mirror of the original jOrgan MediaWiki at

http://jorgan.argonon.de

Porting the Wiki resulted in a few disconcerting circumstances for the contributors of the Wiki:

--a complete password reset has to be performed:
http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Special:PasswordReset

-- if the contributor was able to login successfully into the Wiki, the contributor must look after the e-mail address in his personal preferences, and possibly change it to an actual account. This is necessary because sourceforge forced users automatically to use sourceforge account e-mail adresses.

After those requests are performed, everything should work as it did before.

@contributors: Please have a look at your pages, and update them to current state. There are a few dead links, a few tutorials were promised, but never written, asf. Things like that.

NOTE: Until we've found a ultimate home for jOrgan, the files are hosted at the argonon server space. Please don't link file downloads directly to servers outside the argonon space, since that is a potential danger to spread virus infections, I (BCA) cannot control or made responsible for.

For instance,

http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Instructions_on_using_the_generic_ASIO4ALL_driver

contains a direct file download from outside argonon. This has to be avoided. Better replace it by pure page links. Thank you. Let's do maintenance in a time frame of a month.

If there are any issues with the current Wiki, please don't hesitate to contact me privately at
bca {at} argonon {dot} de.

Ready for take-off.
all the best,
BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

and to celebrate this resurrection I've uploaded a first beta of the
upcoming 3.21 (for now Linux 64bit and Windows 32bit only):

   * core: new MLP command 'round'
   * gui: allow sorting by type or name when selecting elements
   * gui: rearranging of console tabs is optional now
   * gui: double click on message in the Midi monitor to select the
originating element
   * tools: RepeatSwitch supports duration
   * sams: new property 'maximum' for SAMs element

Have fun
Sven

BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

BCA
Administrator
Hi Sven,

great news! Any tips for using the new "round" command?

Didn't find anything in the jOrgan Wiki... :·p
all the best,
BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Thank you Sven

Is it possible to use some key files in the new package and place them into a working 3.20 64 bit version?

Is it just the installer package for 64 bit that you don't do yourself?

On 11 September 2014 19:40, Sven Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

and to celebrate this resurrection I've uploaded a first beta of the
upcoming 3.21 (for now Linux 64bit and Windows 32bit only):

   * core: new MLP command 'round'
   * gui: allow sorting by type or name when selecting elements
   * gui: rearranging of console tabs is optional now
   * gui: double click on message in the Midi monitor to select the
originating element
   * tools: RepeatSwitch supports duration
   * sams: new property 'maximum' for SAMs element

Have fun
Sven

On 09/11/2014 10:40 AM, BCA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sven was as kind as to give me the final jOrgan database files at disposal -
> so we've created a temporary (but stable and ad-free) mirror of the original
> jOrgan MediaWiki at
>
> http://jorgan.argonon.de
>
> Porting the Wiki resulted in a few disconcerting circumstances for the
> contributors of the Wiki:
>
> --a complete password reset has to be performed:
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Special:PasswordReset
>
> -- if the contributor was able to login successfully into the Wiki, the
> contributor must look after the e-mail address in his personal preferences,
> and possibly change it to an actual account. This is necessary because
> sourceforge forced users automatically to use sourceforge account e-mail
> adresses.
>
> After those requests are performed, everything should work as it did before.
>
> @contributors: Please have a look at your pages, and update them to current
> state. There are a few dead links, a few tutorials were promised, but never
> written, asf. Things like that.
>
> NOTE: Until we've found a ultimate home for jOrgan, the files are hosted at
> the argonon server space. Please don't link file downloads directly to
> servers outside the argonon space, since that is a potential danger to
> spread virus infections, I (BCA) cannot control or made responsible for.
>
> For instance,
>
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Instructions_on_using_the_generic_ASIO4ALL_driver
>
> contains a direct file download from outside argonon. This has to be
> avoided. Better replace it by pure page links. Thank you. Let's do
> maintenance in a time frame of a month.
>
> If there are any issues with the current Wiki, please don't hesitate to
> contact me privately at
> bca {at} argonon {dot} de.
>
> Ready for take-off.
>

> -----
> all the best,
> BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Hi Bernd,

 >Didn't find anything in the jOrgan Wiki... :·p

Done: http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Midi

Have fun
Sven

On 09/11/2014 12:07 PM, BCA wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> great news! Any tips for using the new "round" command?
>
> Didn't find anything in the jOrgan Wiki... :·p
>

> -----
> all the best,
> BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Hi Rick,

I don't have a 64bit Windows here - and I don't want one :P.

You should be fine copying all *.jar files from a 32bit jOrgan into your 64bit jOrgan. But preferably someone will build the 64bit installer soon.

On 09/11/2014 12:29 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
Thank you Sven

Is it possible to use some key files in the new package and place them into a working 3.20 64 bit version?

Is it just the installer package for 64 bit that you don't do yourself?

On 11 September 2014 19:40, Sven Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

and to celebrate this resurrection I've uploaded a first beta of the
upcoming 3.21 (for now Linux 64bit and Windows 32bit only):

   * core: new MLP command 'round'
   * gui: allow sorting by type or name when selecting elements
   * gui: rearranging of console tabs is optional now
   * gui: double click on message in the Midi monitor to select the
originating element
   * tools: RepeatSwitch supports duration
   * sams: new property 'maximum' for SAMs element

Have fun
Sven

On 09/11/2014 10:40 AM, BCA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sven was as kind as to give me the final jOrgan database files at disposal -
> so we've created a temporary (but stable and ad-free) mirror of the original
> jOrgan MediaWiki at
>
> http://jorgan.argonon.de
>
> Porting the Wiki resulted in a few disconcerting circumstances for the
> contributors of the Wiki:
>
> --a complete password reset has to be performed:
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Special:PasswordReset
>
> -- if the contributor was able to login successfully into the Wiki, the
> contributor must look after the e-mail address in his personal preferences,
> and possibly change it to an actual account. This is necessary because
> sourceforge forced users automatically to use sourceforge account e-mail
> adresses.
>
> After those requests are performed, everything should work as it did before.
>
> @contributors: Please have a look at your pages, and update them to current
> state. There are a few dead links, a few tutorials were promised, but never
> written, asf. Things like that.
>
> NOTE: Until we've found a ultimate home for jOrgan, the files are hosted at
> the argonon server space. Please don't link file downloads directly to
> servers outside the argonon space, since that is a potential danger to
> spread virus infections, I (BCA) cannot control or made responsible for.
>
> For instance,
>
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Instructions_on_using_the_generic_ASIO4ALL_driver
>
> contains a direct file download from outside argonon. This has to be
> avoided. Better replace it by pure page links. Thank you. Let's do
> maintenance in a time frame of a month.
>
> If there are any issues with the current Wiki, please don't hesitate to
> contact me privately at
> bca {at} argonon {dot} de.
>
> Ready for take-off.
>

> -----
> all the best,
> BCA

Want excitement?

BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

BCA
Hi Sven,

thank you, yeah, the thing is working! :-)
all the best,
BCA

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Dries
The idea for the round command came from Sven, following to this topic:
http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/Drawbar-skin-td4661253.html#a4661268

Dries Nelemans - Ridderkerk, The Netherlands

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Hi Sven,

If I may ask, is there any specific reason that you don't want 64 Windows?

I would appreciate if you share your reasons.

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Hi Brian,

I'm busy enough keeping my Ubuntu notebook up-to-date.
I haven't owned a Windows system for almost 10 years now. A couple of
times I boot my old Windows XP in VirtualBox to build a new jOrgan
installer.

Have fun
Sven

On 09/11/2014 08:16 PM, BrianS wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> If I may ask, is there any specific reason that you don't want 64 Windows?
>
> I would appreciate if you share your reasons.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.
>

> -----
> Regards,
>
> BrianS

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Dan Dietzer
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Hi Dan,

many thanks!

Sven

On 09/13/2014 05:51 PM, Daniel Dietzer wrote:
Hello all.

I just uploaded the Windows 64bit 3.21 beta version to Sourceforge.

Enjoy,
Dan

On 9/11/2014 5:40 AM, Sven Meier wrote:
Hi all,

and to celebrate this resurrection I've uploaded a first beta of the
upcoming 3.21 (for now Linux 64bit and Windows 32bit only):

    * core: new MLP command 'round'
    * gui: allow sorting by type or name when selecting elements
    * gui: rearranging of console tabs is optional now
    * gui: double click on message in the Midi monitor to select the
originating element
    * tools: RepeatSwitch supports duration
    * sams: new property 'maximum' for SAMs element

Have fun

user

Σχετ: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Panos K. Ghekas
Thanks Dan,
I really needed this one as I'm only on 64bit here...

Best
Panos

Στις 6:51 μ.μ. Σάββατο, 13 Σεπτεμβρίου 2014, ο/η Daniel Dietzer <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

Hello all.

I just uploaded the Windows 64bit 3.21 beta version to Sourceforge.

Enjoy,
Dan

On 9/11/2014 5:40 AM, Sven Meier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> and to celebrate this resurrection I've uploaded a first beta of the
> upcoming 3.21 (for now Linux 64bit and Windows 32bit only):
>
>    * core: new MLP command 'round'
>    * gui: allow sorting by type or name when selecting elements
>    * gui: rearranging of console tabs is optional now
>    * gui: double click on message in the Midi monitor to select the
> originating element
>    * tools: RepeatSwitch supports duration
>    * sams: new property 'maximum' for SAMs element
>
> Have fun
> Sven

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Dr Mark Bugeja MD
Thanks Sven, Bernd and Dan.

PS.... Dan, do you really have such long hair?

Mark

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Dr Mark Bugeja MD
"Fifteen men on the dead man's chest,
...Yo-ho-ho, and a bottle of rum!..."

Re: jOrgan Wiki temporary resurrection

Hi Sven

I have had a quick look at v3.21b1 thank you.  The element sorting options are great, thank you.

On 11 September 2014 19:40, Sven Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

and to celebrate this resurrection I've uploaded a first beta of the
upcoming 3.21 (for now Linux 64bit and Windows 32bit only):

   * core: new MLP command 'round'
   * gui: allow sorting by type or name when selecting elements
   * gui: rearranging of console tabs is optional now
   * gui: double click on message in the Midi monitor to select the
originating element
   * tools: RepeatSwitch supports duration
   * sams: new property 'maximum' for SAMs element

Have fun
Sven

On 09/11/2014 10:40 AM, BCA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sven was as kind as to give me the final jOrgan database files at disposal -
> so we've created a temporary (but stable and ad-free) mirror of the original
> jOrgan MediaWiki at
>
> http://jorgan.argonon.de
>
> Porting the Wiki resulted in a few disconcerting circumstances for the
> contributors of the Wiki:
>
> --a complete password reset has to be performed:
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Special:PasswordReset
>
> -- if the contributor was able to login successfully into the Wiki, the
> contributor must look after the e-mail address in his personal preferences,
> and possibly change it to an actual account. This is necessary because
> sourceforge forced users automatically to use sourceforge account e-mail
> adresses.
>
> After those requests are performed, everything should work as it did before.
>
> @contributors: Please have a look at your pages, and update them to current
> state. There are a few dead links, a few tutorials were promised, but never
> written, asf. Things like that.
>
> NOTE: Until we've found a ultimate home for jOrgan, the files are hosted at
> the argonon server space. Please don't link file downloads directly to
> servers outside the argonon space, since that is a potential danger to
> spread virus infections, I (BCA) cannot control or made responsible for.
>
> For instance,
>
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki-1.22.6/index.php/Instructions_on_using_the_generic_ASIO4ALL_driver
>
> contains a direct file download from outside argonon. This has to be
> avoided. Better replace it by pure page links. Thank you. Let's do
> maintenance in a time frame of a month.
>
> If there are any issues with the current Wiki, please don't hesitate to
> contact me privately at
> bca {at} argonon {dot} de.
>
> Ready for take-off.
>

> -----