jOrgan Recorder Question

Does anyone know if there is any reasonably easy way to get the jOrgan Recorder to register Transposer settings? I would find such an ability quite useful.

Re: jOrgan Recorder Question

jbeach2646
John, Paul Stratman's j3.20 ACO _4P-104 7.0 has a transposer function of a
full octave, (from-5 to 0 to +6).  It comprises 12 activators
(transposers), two incrementers and 60 Keyboard couplers for manuals and
pedal.  The One semitone-increment couplers are referenced to Keyboards,
which are the only elements which are referenced to the Recorder in jOrgan.
So, transposer changes would be recorded.

The Pitch Tuning CC (set 224, set 0, set value | mult 23 | add 51)
references ranks and, therefore, the changes in pitch are not recorded.   I
assume that the difference between a transposer
and a pitch tuning control is the difference between semitones (transposer)
and cents (pitch tuning).

Re: jOrgan Recorder Question

jbeach2646 wrote
Paul Stratman's j3.20 ACO _4P-104 7.0 has a transposer function of a
full octave, (from-5 to 0 to +6).
JohnB,

Thank you very much for your information. I’m using the BROADWAY disposition in the jOrgan installation in my local church, where I play for a service twice a month. Many of the hymns are set too high for comfortable singing by “us oldies”, and I often use the transposer to bring the pitch down one or two semitones. But the jOrgan recorder can be called upon if no-one is available to play. So far that has happened only once. The ability to let the recorder lower particular hymns would be an asset.

From my investigation earlier today it is clear that the recorder in the BROADWAY is not registering and therefore not applying transposer changes. This is not one of Paul’s dispositions, and in fact it’s probably the case that Dries set up much of it when he helped me with the Balmain VPO. I shall look into Paul’s transposer, as it sounds as if it will do the trick. All I need is plus or minus one to two semitones. The connection with the keyboards may be the way forward.

Re: jOrgan Recorder Question

JohnB,

I can confirm that the transposer changes are recorded in Paul Stratman's 4-manual ACO, and so I shall add to the VPO in the church a limited transposer just for recorder use, based on Paul's method.