jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

123
Bob

jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Hello everybody,

First of all, I would like to congratulate all the great musicians et technicians working around jOrgan and thank them.

Now, what am I trying to do ?
I try to have jOrgan 3.20 installed and running on a stand alone Rapsberry pi 2 (without screen, mouse and keyboard) and, after, integrate it in a Roland midi accordion.

What is achieved ?
I can, theoretically, control jOrgan from my PC running Windows 10, BUT :
   - without sound,
   - unable to load any disposition, due to error message :
      "the file <name of the disposition>  requires the fluidsynth extension"
So, it is not very useful ....

What has be done ?
    - I got lot of information from the site, tutorial and jOrgan User (thanks a lot to every body)
    - I have installed Raspbian jessie (alsa included), java stuff, fluidsynth stuff and jorgan 3.20 debian package, according to David Gritter's thread in jOrgan/Java on ARM CPU (thanks to him),
    - on my PC computer, I have installed puTTY and Xming, so i am able to use ssh and display X11 on my Windows 10 computer,
    - aconnect -0 says :
               client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
               0 'Midi Through Port-0'
      nothing about flyuidsynth.
   - There is no fluidsynth extenion in the lib and i did'nt find how to add it.

What help do I would like ?
   -  on the Alsa problem :
          * do I need also Jack to run ?
          * what did I miss ?
   -  on the fluidsynth problem.

Anybody has an idea ?

(Sorry for my bad English : I am a frenchy ...)

Thanks
Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

RoyR
Hi, Bob,

             I can't help with Windows 10 as I've never upgraded XP-Pro, that does all I need until I get around to putting the whole thing on Linux, but did you use the Widows Installer for jOrgan?

   I was under the impression that the installer automatically included the Fluidsynth extension???

<http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-Java-on-ARM-CPU-tt4659754.html#a4660809>
(thanks to him),
    - on my PC computer, I have installed puTTY and Xming, so i am able to
use ssh and display X11 on my Windows 10 computer,
    - aconnect -0 says :
               client 14: 'Midi Through' [type=kernel]
               0 'Midi Through Port-0'
      nothing about flyuidsynth.
   - There is no fluidsynth extenion in the lib and i did'nt find how to add
it.

What help do I would like ?
   -  on the Alsa problem :
          * do I need also Jack to run ?
          * what did I miss ?
   -  on the fluidsynth problem.

Anybody has an idea ?

(Sorry for my bad English : I am a frenchy ...)

Thanks

-----

Bob

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Hi, Roy,

No, there are no problem concerning Windows 10.

I am installing jOrgan on a nano computer Raspberry pi2 under Raspbian-jessie not on this Windows 10.
My jOrgan run on Windows 7. I didn't try on Windows 10.

Thanks.
Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Hi Bob,

On Linux we use the Fluidsynth complied for that Linux distribution. So it sounds like you have installed Fluidysynth from the Jessie repositories?

From the command line run:
fluidsynth

To start a test instance. If it runs and brings you to the Fluidsyth command prompt then Fluidsynth is installed. If it reports an error, let us know.

On RasberryPi ALSA should be fine (so no need for JACK)

Sent from Mailbox

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Hi Graham,

I have installed fluidsynth (apt-get install fluidsynth).
I can get fluidsynth.
That is what he says :

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ fluidsynth
FluidSynth version 1.1.6
Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Peter Hanappe and others.
Distributed under the LGPL license.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
jackdmp 1.9.10
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server request channel
audio_reservation_init
Acquire audio card Audio0
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for capture. Falling back to playback-only mode
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
fluidsynth: Jack sample rate mismatch, adjusting. (synth.sample-rate=44100, jackd=48000)
Type 'help' for help topics.

I don't really understand, except it seems to use Jack ...
???

Bob

On Linux we use the Fluidsynth complied for that Linux distribution. So it sounds like you have installed Fluidysynth from the Jessie repositories?

From the command line run:
[...]

http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-3-20-on-rapsberry-pi2-tp4662568p4662571.html
To unsubscribe from jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2, click here.
NAML

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

grahamg
Hi Bob,

Yes, it looks like JACK was a dependency for the version of Fluidsynth
that you're running and so JACK was installed when you installed
Fluidsynth. And it looks like Fluidsynth is correctly installed as it
was (eventually) able to connect to the audio device.

So the next step is to run a jOrgan disposition and configure the
Fluidsynth instance in jOrgan to use JACK and see what happens...

GG

On 11/1/15, Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> I have installed fluidsynth (apt-get install fluidsynth).
> I can get fluidsynth.
> That is what he says :
>
> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ fluidsynth
> FluidSynth version 1.1.6
> Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Peter Hanappe and others.
> Distributed under the LGPL license.
> SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.
>
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jackdmp 1.9.10
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
> self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> audio_reservation_init
> Acquire audio card Audio0
> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for capture. Falling back to
> playback-only mode
> configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
> fluidsynth: Jack sample rate mismatch, adjusting. (synth.sample-rate=44100,
> jackd=48000)
> Type 'help' for help topics.
>

> I don't really understand, except it seems to use Jack ...
> ???
>

> Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

RoyR
Hi, Graham,

                     Should you need to install Fluidsynth as a separate operation if you use the jOrgan installer? I thought that was part of the package???

   I've never noticed really because I use external hardware synth.

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Thanks Graham,

Unfortunately, i can't run a jOrgan disposition (for example j3.20_ACO_7.0) : if i try to load one, fort example I get the message :
"the file j3.20_ACO_7.0  requires the fluidsynth"

I initialized Jack using qjackctl (running in background) and tried to load ACO_7.0.sf2 using fluidsynth command line.
No result ...

http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-3-20-on-rapsberry-pi2-tp4662568p4662573.html
To unsubscribe from jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2, click here.
NAML

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Hi Roy,

Fluidsynth is ONLY packaged with the Windows installer. Linux and OS-X installers do not include Fluidsynth.

GG

Sent from Mailbox

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Roy Radford <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, Graham,

                     Should you need to install Fluidsynth as a separate operation if you use the jOrgan installer? I thought that was part of the package???

   I've never noticed really because I use external hardware synth.

On 1 November 2015 at 18:33, Graham Goode <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Bob,

Yes, it looks like JACK was a dependency for the version of Fluidsynth
that you're running and so JACK was installed when you installed
Fluidsynth. And it looks like Fluidsynth is correctly installed as it
was (eventually) able to connect to the audio device.

So the next step is to run a jOrgan disposition and configure the
Fluidsynth instance in jOrgan to use JACK and see what happens...

GG

On 11/1/15, Bob <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> I have installed fluidsynth (apt-get install fluidsynth).
> I can get fluidsynth.
> That is what he says :
>
> pi@raspberrypi ~ $ fluidsynth
> FluidSynth version 1.1.6
> Copyright (C) 2000-2012 Peter Hanappe and others.
> Distributed under the LGPL license.
> SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.
>
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jackdmp 1.9.10
> Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
> Copyright 2004-2014 Grame.
> jackdmp comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details
> JACK server starting in realtime mode with priority 10
> self-connect-mode is "Don't restrict self connect requests"
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> audio_reservation_init
> Acquire audio card Audio0
> creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
> ALSA: Cannot open PCM device alsa_pcm for capture. Falling back to
> playback-only mode
> configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames (21.3 ms), buffer = 2 periods
> ALSA: final selected sample format for playback: 16bit little-endian
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
> fluidsynth: Jack sample rate mismatch, adjusting. (synth.sample-rate=44100,
> jackd=48000)
> Type 'help' for help topics.
>

> I don't really understand, except it seems to use Jack ...
> ???
>

> Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

RoyR
Thanks, Graham, as I said, I wouldn't notice as I use hardware synths.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below: http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-3-20-on-rapsberry-pi2-tp4662568p4662573.html

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Thanks Sven and Graham,

After what you said Graham, I tried to include in the lib a fluidsynth.jar given for ARM  in jorgan 3.17 (extracted from jorgan-3.17_svn2088-arm-1tvi).
So now, the new message is :"The file "j3.20_ACO_2P-7.0.disposition is no valid disposition".
Confirmed  by what Sven said !

So, what shall I do for compiling this module ?

Regards

Bob

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Hi Sven,

OK. The log is joined.
Mainly :

jorgan.io.disposition.FormatException: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter$UnknownFieldException: No such field jorgan.fluidsynth.disposition.FluidsynthSound.bank
---- Debugging information ----
field               : bank
class               : jorgan.fluidsynth.disposition.FluidsynthSound
required-type       : jorgan.fluidsynth.disposition.FluidsynthSound
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
line number         : 2287
class[1]            : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
class[2]            : jorgan.disposition.Organ
converter-type[2]   : jorgan.io.disposition.OrganConverter
version             : 3.20
-------------------------------
    at jorgan.io.DispositionStream.findFormatException(DispositionStream.java:148)
  etc ............................

It seems to be related with bank. So what ?
For me, it is too much ....

http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-3-20-on-rapsberry-pi2-tp4662568p4662581.html

app.log (20K) Download Attachment
Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

 > FormatException: ... No such field
jorgan.fluidsynth.disposition.FluidsynthSound.bank

that's not a problem with native code.

It seems your version of the Fluidsynth extension is from jOrgan 3.18 or
older.

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
hi Sven,

Yes, i know.
I used a fluidsynth from jOrgan for ARM v3.17 (extracted from jorgan-3.17_svn2088-arm-1tvi).

I am installing Eclipse on Raspberry, I took source files of fluidsynth.jar from sourceforge and i'll try to build that this evening.
I'll tell you if I achieve ...
Thanks.

Regards,
Bob
Tel. 01 30 50 06 26
Port. 06 28 34 13 88

Bob
Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Hi Sven,

I tried to make either jorgan for raspberry, either only the fluidsynth extension, using ant.

Both failed :
  - the first one (jorgan) for "jorgan-code-2174-trunk/jorgan-creative/build.xml:102: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64 does not exist." It is true ! what is existing is /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-armhf. But I didn't discover where the name has to be modified in the package ...
  - the second one, because "../jorgan-jni/src/main/native/exception.c:1:17: fatal error: jni.h: No such file or directory". But I didn't find any "jni.h" header in the package.

You certainly have ideas on that, don't you ? ....

Thanks you for your help.

Regards
Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Hi Rob,

please adjust the path for "unix.jdk" in
/jorgan-code-2174-trunk/build.properties to point to your local jdk
installation.

Have fun
Sven

Bob

Re: jOrgan 3.20 on rapsberry pi2

Bob
Hello,

Now, i achieved to obtain extensions .jar for ARM from 2174 trunk (jOrgan 3.20), including fluidsynth.jar added to the lib directory.

So, i am now able to load a disposition (for instance ACO.2p/31-7.0), with all stuff, except sound !!!
I always have problem named "fluidsynth failure" : Audio driver and Audio device don't propose anything (or DSOUND at loadind).

I tried to write alsa as Audio driver and hw.alsa as Audio device, without any success.
I played also with virMIDI without effect.

It is on the road, but the road is not ending now ...

Thanks for any idea ...

Regards.
Bob
123