jOrgan 3.13 Released

grahamg
Hi Guys,

I've just downloaded the jOrgan 3.13 release for Windows 32-bit (for
my laptop) and the Debian 32-bit version (for the new jOrgan Pup
version that will hopefully be released this month). Thanks Sven for
all your work in getting us to this version release, and thanks to all
the testers and commenters. Next step - releasing all the organ models
in my care for this version, and testing things in Puppy 5.2.5 with
Openjdk-jre-6 :)

Have fun!

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

pipes
???????????????  I didn't know 3.13 was final yet.?.

Al

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

thanks for the announcement. Yes, 3.13 final is now available for
Windows, Linux and OS X :).

Have fun

Sven

On 05/01/2011 10:33 PM, al wrote:

> ???????????????  I didn't know 3.13 was final yet.?.
>
> Al--

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

pipes
Sven you are the best!  Thank you for all of your work!

Al

On 05/01/2011 10:33 PM, al wrote:

> ???????????????  I didn't know 3.13 was final yet.?.
>
> Al--

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

eagles051387
Graham out of curiosity is puppy debian based? If it is i can setup a
small repository again on my server then when ever there is a newer
version released they just upgrade using command line or packagege manager

On 01/05/2011 21:57, Graham Goode wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I've just downloaded the jOrgan 3.13 release for Windows 32-bit (for
> my laptop) and the Debian 32-bit version (for the new jOrgan Pup
> version that will hopefully be released this month). Thanks Sven for
> all your work in getting us to this version release, and thanks to all
> the testers and commenters. Next step - releasing all the organ models
> in my care for this version, and testing things in Puppy 5.2.5 with
> Openjdk-jre-6 :)
>
> Have fun!
> GrahamG

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

Hi Sven,

I must have overlooked your usual realease notice (recap) off all new and impoved features of 3.13.

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

Thank you Sven

Again another wonderful step forward.  Thank you for all your work.

Christie for jOrgan Version 3.13 now available.

http://www.tosa-qld.org/VTPO/files/christie313_01.zip

On 2/05/2011 6:35 a, Sven Meier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thanks for the announcement. Yes, 3.13 final is now available for
> Windows, Linux and OS X :).
>
> Have fun
>
> Sven

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

Hi Brian,

here's the change list:

   * keep elements selected when switching to full screen
   * keep relative paths when starting the file property editor
   * warn about version mismatch
   * split new element "connector" from console
   * new fluidsynth elements Reverb and Chorus
   * customize fluidsynth gain
   * no auto-scrolling of tracks if performance is stopped

Have fun

Sven

On 05/02/2011 12:15 PM, BrianS wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> I must have overlooked your usual realease notice (recap) off all new and
> impoved features of 3.13.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.
>
> -----
> Regards,
>
> BrianS

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

vadeeko
Dear Sven,

I would like to thank you for the continuous development of jOrgan and for the release of 3.13.

I know that you have explained the changes in the fluid effects and reverberation settings changes but somehow I missed it. So please forgive my ignorance!

In the older versions, we were able to controle the reverb; chorus and gain by adjusting the parameters in the fluid effects. can you please tel me from where can I controle it with 3.13.

Once again, I appologies if I missed the explaination in previous mails.

Thanking you in aadvance.

Kind regards

Wadih

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

grahamg
Hi Wadih,

These settings are now available as fluidsynth effect elements that
can be placed on the console and controlled via the mouse or via MIDI
in realtime.

The updated Stratman dispositions contain fluidsynth effect elements
for each of the four reverb settings. Chorus is not used, so none of
those elements have been added, but there are four of them as well.
Take a look at those dispositions to see how to do it.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 5/5/11, vadeeko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sven,
>
> I would like to thank you for the continuous development of jOrgan and for
> the release of 3.13.
>
> I know that you have explained the changes in the fluid effects and
> reverberation settings changes but somehow I missed it. So please forgive my
> ignorance!
>
> In the older versions, we were able to controle the reverb; chorus and gain
> by adjusting the parameters in the fluid effects. can you please tel me from
> where can I controle it with 3.13.
>
> Once again, I appologies if I missed the explaination in previous mails.
>
> Thanking you in aadvance.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Wadih

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

orgel jeux
Is this a problem in 3.13 or in me???

All of the sudden it seems that I cannot record messages anymore, for instance for attaching a toggle message for a stop or so.

As soon as I create a new message, and I click in the message line, the "Record message" wizard ( that was first greyed out) comes to life, but it does not give the pop-up screen that I can input my Midi message to have it recorded.

I use 3.13. 64 bits with SAGRADA 2.1 rev_1.

Installed latest JAVA 64 bits.

Can anyone try this and report to me if it works there??

Itt is unbelievable how much time I have to spend trying to get this thing working!
Greetings,

Geert

2011/5/5 Graham Goode <ggoode.sa@gmail.com>
Hi Wadih,

These settings are now available as fluidsynth effect elements that
can be placed on the console and controlled via the mouse or via MIDI
in realtime.

The updated Stratman dispositions contain fluidsynth effect elements
for each of the four reverb settings. Chorus is not used, so none of
those elements have been added, but there are four of them as well.
Take a look at those dispositions to see how to do it.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 5/5/11, vadeeko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Sven,
>
> I would like to thank you for the continuous development of jOrgan and for
> the release of 3.13.
>
> I know that you have explained the changes in the fluid effects and
> reverberation settings changes but somehow I missed it. So please forgive my
> ignorance!
>
> In the older versions, we were able to controle the reverb; chorus and gain
> by adjusting the parameters in the fluid effects. can you please tel me from
> where can I controle it with 3.13.
>
> Once again, I appologies if I missed the explaination in previous mails.
>
> Thanking you in aadvance.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Wadih

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

orgel jeux
In 3.12 (installed as 32 bits) the message Record function also does not work

When I click on the Record symbol,it gets this grey outline to indicate that it is clicked upon, but nothing happens.

I will check a VERY old jOrgan release now.

Sometimes it seems that jOrgan is trying to get me sick in my brain........I cannot explain how it can be, that in the past I put so MANY messages in by way of this Record wizard, and now it does not work aanymore.....

Greetings,

Geert

2011/5/6 orgel jeux <[hidden email]>
Is this a problem in 3.13 or in me???

All of the sudden it seems that I cannot record messages anymore, for instance for attaching a toggle message for a stop or so.

As soon as I create a new message, and I click in the message line, the "Record message" wizard ( that was first greyed out) comes to life, but it does not give the pop-up screen that I can input my Midi message to have it recorded.

I use 3.13. 64 bits with SAGRADA 2.1 rev_1.

Installed latest JAVA 64 bits.

Can anyone try this and report to me if it works there??

Itt is unbelievable how much time I have to spend trying to get this thing working!
Greetings,

Geert

2011/5/5 Graham Goode <ggoode.sa@gmail.com>
Hi Wadih,

These settings are now available as fluidsynth effect elements that
can be placed on the console and controlled via the mouse or via MIDI
in realtime.

The updated Stratman dispositions contain fluidsynth effect elements
for each of the four reverb settings. Chorus is not used, so none of
those elements have been added, but there are four of them as well.
Take a look at those dispositions to see how to do it.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 5/5/11, vadeeko <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Sven,
>
> I would like to thank you for the continuous development of jOrgan and for
> the release of 3.13.
>
> I know that you have explained the changes in the fluid effects and
> reverberation settings changes but somehow I missed it. So please forgive my
> ignorance!
>
> In the older versions, we were able to controle the reverb; chorus and gain
> by adjusting the parameters in the fluid effects. can you please tel me from
> where can I controle it with 3.13.
>
> Once again, I appologies if I missed the explaination in previous mails.
>
> Thanking you in aadvance.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Wadih

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

Chester Berry
For the Stratman ACO 5.01 3-4P-104 disposition, I see how the mouse can be used to select a given Reverberation (i.e. "R2 Medium Church") but I have NOT been able to fathom the process of:
[1] finding how what values are set for each of the four fluidsynch effect elements in a given Reverberation, nor,
[2] how to set the elements for the three User Adjustable settings.

Detailed procedures would be appreciated!

(I have searched both the Wiki and my jOrgan eMail archive without finding this information)
Thanks -- no rush!
/s/Chester

These settings are now available as fluidsynth effect elements that
can be placed on the console and controlled via the mouse or via MIDI
in realtime.

The updated Stratman dispositions contain fluidsynth effect elements
for each of the four reverb settings. Chorus is not used, so none of
those elements have been added, but there are four of them as well.
Take a look at those dispositions to see how to do it.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 5/5/11, vadeeko <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Sven,
>
> I would like to thank you for the continuous development of jOrgan and for
> the release of 3.13.
>
> I know that you have explained the changes in the fluid effects and
> reverberation settings changes but somehow I missed it. So please forgive my
> ignorance!
>
> In the older versions, we were able to controle the reverb; chorus and gain
> by adjusting the parameters in the fluid effects. can you please tel me from
> where can I controle it with 3.13.
>
> Once again, I appologies if I missed the explaination in previous mails.
>
> Thanking you in aadvance.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Wadih

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

pcstratman

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Chester Berry <[hidden email]> wrote:
For the Stratman ACO 5.01 3-4P-104 disposition, I see how the mouse can be used to select a given Reverberation (i.e. "R2 Medium Church") but I have NOT been able to fathom the process of:
[1] finding how what values are set for each of the four fluidsynch effect elements in a given Reverberation, nor,
[2] how to set the elements for the three User Adjustable settings.

Detailed procedures would be appreciated!

(I have searched both the Wiki and my jOrgan eMail archive without finding this information)
Thanks -- no rush!
/s/Chester

Look on one of the other screens (Right or Left, ... I can't remember which they're on right now.)
Click and drag left or right on the elements for "Room," "Damping," "Width" and Level."
I just uploaded a document that describes what each element does, plus some new settings.

Paul

Re: jOrgan 3.13 Released

Chester Berry
Thanks for your very quick reply!

Ah -- I didn't know this was on one of the side consoles.
Now, how do I "lock in" the settings?  When I make them, as soon as I go to another reverberation choice (mouse on increment/decrement or piston), when I return to a user adjustable setting, the values all revert to zero.  Saving the disposition doesn't prevent this, nor does pressing [ENTER].
No rush -- whenever you have time I'll be grateful for any help!

I'm glad to see you've rejoined the list.
I hope all the issues that caused you to leave last December have been favorably resolved!

I can fully understand how a pastor might face ever increasing demands, not to mention frustrations, in the current economic climate.
(the "Great Recession" is now hitting Utah with increasing force, and many of my friends and relatives have experienced significant economic setbacks.  I hope you, your friends and family, and your congregation have been spared.)

Very best wishes!
/s/Chester

Setting Fluidsynth selections on Stratman j3.13_AGO_5.01_3-4P-104_FS disposition

Chester Berry
Got it -- and yes, that works!

Since there is no [SET] piston on the right console, the procedure would thus be:

[1] select the right console ([R]) button or "RIGHT" tab at top
[2] set desired reverberation using the four sliders
[3] select the main console ([MC] button or ".main console" tab at top)
[4] press the [SET] piston
[5] select the right console
[6] as you noted, press the reverberation piston ([R0] thru [R11]) to which this setting is to be assigned.

In hopes you won't have to repeat these instructions, I've changed the subject so that hopefully a search would find it!

Thanks for all your help!
/s/Chester

Since those reverb presets are combinations, you save a new setting by hitting the SET button, then the reverb preset button, just like any combination.

Have fun.

Paul

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Chester Berry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for your very quick reply!

Ah -- I didn't know this was on one of the side consoles.
Now, how do I "lock in" the settings?  When I make them, as soon as I go to another reverberation choice (mouse on increment/decrement or piston), when I return to a user adjustable setting, the values all revert to zero.  Saving the disposition doesn't prevent this, nor does pressing [ENTER].
No rush -- whenever you have time I'll be grateful for any help!

Very best wishes!
/s/Chester

Pastor Paul C. Stratman

St. Stephen's Ev. Lutheran Church (WELS)
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
http://www.saintstephen.org