jORGAN WEBSITE for new users

There is now a jORGAN DISCOVERY website designed to help people new to
jOrgan to have a postive experience.
It has pages such as STARTING, ADDING and Frequently Asked Questions.

CLICK on     http://jorgan.info

Re: jORGAN WEBSITE for new users

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: jORGAN WEBSITE for new users

samibe
John Reimer wrote
> Update

John,

Any chance you would be willing to post a little more info on the updates?
(affected pages and what changed).
I'm curious about your updates, but I just don't know the site well enough
to tell what has changed.
I really like the website you put together. It is well organized and all of
the links I've tried have worked.
Thanks,

Sam

Re: jORGAN WEBSITE for new users

samibe
I tested google to see if the new website shows up on the first page of
results today. It still doesn't for me.
The very sparse wikipedia (not mediawiki) page shows up as the second
option, though. (right after the sourceforge site)
I took the liberty of adding a link to the new website to the wikipedia
page. I'm hoping that will also help direct people to the new website.

Would there be any value in adding more content to the wikipedia page so
that it can better serve as a jOrgan roadmap (to other sites: jOrgan.info,
sourceforge, forum, etc.) or a jOrgan summary?

Sam

Re: jORGAN WEBSITE for new users

samibe wrote
> Any chance you would be willing to post a little more info on the updates?

Sam,

Thank you for your interest in the website. The updates do not usually
represent ANY changes in the content. They are my attempt to keep this
announcement thread near the top of the pile in the Nabble Archive of our
Mailing List, so that people investigating jOrgan for the first time will
notice it. (It is the only way to have a pseudo Sticky thread in the Nabble
webpage.) When I make such an update, I delete previous ones on the Nabble
page.

There will be a real update shortly, after Graham Goode has finished his
current work on jOrgan updates, as this work will affect the instructions
for starting to use jOrgan. There should be other matters to be added to the
website in time, but I have been trying to address other things.