hybrid instrument

quido
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I would build a hybrid instrument with two manuals for continuo.
I wish I had a keyboard sound of the harpsichord and the other an organ sound, very useful to accompany some baroque pieces.
I did some testing by creating a new file in Polyphone. I borrowed some ranks of "Grand_Harpsichord" and a "Silberman" Paul Stratmann.
I managed to change the skin but I get no sound of the harpsichord.
I do not understand what the problem is. He certainly miss one element in construction.
My poor knowledge of the English language a little complicated the task.
Can you bring me a help?
A big thank you in advance.
Dominique

Re: hybrid instrument

Hi quido,

I have sent you a personal email.

Re: hybrid instrument

strings
hello John and quido if it helps quido i reccomend just using two jorgan programs at once one organ the other harpishchord and configure keyboard inputs to suit

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM, John Reimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi quido,

I have sent you a personal email.

Re: hybrid instrument

quido
John thank you,
I send you a personal message.
Have a nice day

Dominique

Re: hybrid instrument

quido
Hello Keith

Your idea sounds simple and interesting.
But I do not see how open two programs simultaneously.
If I run jOrgan the second launch replaces the first.
Can you give more details?
Good day,

Dominique

Re: hybrid instrument

quido
Hello Keith,

Thank you for that. Indeed the ability to open twice the same program works well on Windows. But I use a Mac (nobody is perfect), and this possibility does not exist initially.
By searching the web, I found the solution is quite simple.
You have to use "Terminal" and put a very short code: in our example "open -a -n jorgan". And it works !
It is a solution that responds to my request.
Thank you again and have a good Sunday!

Dominique