What MIDI codes for switches (stops, pistons)?

What MIDI codes for switches (stops, pistons)?

winelight
Please accept my apologies for asking what I'm sure is a stupid question, but what MIDI message do I need to generate for jOrgan for switches (specifically, stops and pistons)?

I am generating Note On and Note Off messages for the keyboards and obviously this works fine, but do I need to generate (I'm guessing here) Control Change messages for pistons and Program Change for stops?

I have looked in the wiki but couldn't find this information - sorry.

Re: What MIDI codes for switches (stops, pistons)?

grahamg
Hi Andrew,

jOrgan Stops and Pistons can be configured to use almost any type of
MIDI message. You do need to make sure that the Stop has Activate and
Deactivate MIDI controls, and then you can use jOrgan's MIDI
record/sense to set the MIDI messages.

I typically have used Note On / Note Off for Stop and Piston control.

Kind regards,
GrahamG