Wah-brass soundfont

Brian Sweetnam
I've tried posting this before, but have had no success.

Does anybody have a "Wah-brass" that is available in any soundfont please?

I want to include this sound in my jOrgan project.

Re: Wah-brass soundfont

jbeach2646
Brian, try the link below.    John B.

http://www.freesoundvault.com/sounds/horns/

Re: Wah-brass soundfont

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you John,

I'm glad this platform seems to be up again.

I've listned to the sound, and it is close, but not quite what I'm looking
for.

I'm looking for that sound (wha-brass) - a more synthetic type, it was used
years ago, in a song called "The Birding Song".  Perhaps you know the song.

Re: Wah-brass soundfont

jbeach2646
Brian,  no, I was not familiar with the song, but if it is what I found on
youtube.com, it is rather unusual, describing all sorts of birds and is by
David Solomons and Lorin Swelk.  A kind of "kiddy" song.  I did hear a flute
along with the piano, but no wah-brass sound.

Re: Wah-brass soundfont

It is the right song.  I know the version that you watched.  I grew up with
another version, where the melody line was played with a wah-brass like
sound.  Playing it with an accordion is equally good, but I was hoping to
find this unique sound as well, to add to my disposition...

Re: Wah-brass soundfont

The Yamaha organ that I got when I was in high school, has such an analogue
wah-brass sound. I will ask a Goode friend, to come with his Goode
microphone, and record some notes.  Will anybody be willing to use them to
create a small analogue wah-brass font, for everybody to use, should they
wish to?

Re: Wah-brass soundfont

Brian Sweetnam
Hi Graham.  I know you can, but I'm not sure, if you have much time to do it.
I sure would appreciate it very much.  Thank you for having a wonderful
sense of humour too.