Quantcast

Volume Level Setting of Manual

My current project has 1 touch sensitive manual, and another, non touch sensitive.

I am using some stops that can be accessed by both of these manuals, so I don't want to 'fix' the volume level on the 'stop level', because then I would lose the 'touch sensitive' ability if I play these same stops from the touch sensitive manual.  And it is tedious to manually set the volume level for so many stops.  The stops I am referring to are GM stops, like Piano, Flute, and so on.....

How do I set the volume at the 'manual' or 'keyboard' level?

Re: Volume Level Setting of Manual

RoyR
Hi, Brian,

              Only armchair theorizing here I'm not in a position to try it at the moment:

Couplers have a Velocity Property which can be set to "Unmodified" or a value. Try coupling your keyboard to everything else via two couplers, one Unmodified and one with a value you can play around with.

   Make sure the keyboards only reference these two couplers, nothing else directly. Everything else must refer to the couplers, only one of which is selected.

   ...Just a guess!

On 23 April 2017 at 11:59, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
My current project has 1 touch sensitive manual, and another, non touch
sensitive.

I am using some stops that can be access by both of these manuals, so I
don't want to 'fix' the volume level on the 'stop level', because then I
would lose the 'touch sensitive' ability if I play these same stops from the
touch sensitive manual.  And it is tedious to manually set the volume level
for so many stops.  The stops I am refering to are GM stops, like Piano,
Flute, and so on.....

How do I set the volume at the 'manual' or 'keyboard' level?

Re: Volume Level Setting of Manual

BrianS
Thank you Roy!

Re: Volume Level Setting of Manual

RoyR
   You're welcome, Brian. All you have to do now is see if it works!     *:)) laughing

On 24 April 2017 at 07:08, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Roy!

Re: Volume Level Setting of Manual

BrianS
Hi Roy,

It does work. I have tried to set the volume at the rank and stop level, and have had to reset them to their default values, of 'set velocity' and 'unmodified'.

There seem to some GM ranks in the "organ" section that are still too loud.  I might try to set them at the stop level, because generally speaking, organ sounds are not touch responsive, like a piano for trumpet.