Velocity

Instead of adjusting the velocity range in jOrgan, I would rather like to adjust the velocity in the soundfont itself.  I want the note to play at a certain velocity, no matter how hard the note was struck on the keyboard, or what velocity message is sent from jOrgan to fluidsynth.  Is this at all possible?

Re: Velocity

Paul Stratman-2
That can also be done in Polyphone with the same procedure I described for attenuation.

Re: Velocity

BrianS wrote
 I want the note to play at a certain velocity, no matter how hard the note was struck on the keyboard, or what velocity message is sent from jOrgan to fluidsynth.
BrianS,

As well as assign the Attenuation Setting In the Instrument and Preset cells in the soundfont, I think that you also need to change the appropriate jOrgan message so that no velocity value is passed on from the keyboard, if the keyboard normally does that. Look for the Note Played message for each rank (e.g. set 144, set pitch, set velocity) and replace "set velocity" by "set 100".  It does not have to be 100. It can be as high as 127. Lower numbers will produce lower levels (volumes). If this advice is incorrect, I am sure that Paul or someone else can put us right.