Use of Executor

I am pressing on with my plans to use the Raspberry Pi on my home console. I
want to do this without having to use a computer keyboard.  Also, it would
be good to be able to use Full Screen on occasions. Is it possible to use an
Executor element with an appropriate button on the screen to revert to the
other view, from which I can exit jOrgan in the normal way? If so, can this
be used in a toggle fashion?

Re: Use of Executor

John Reimer wrote
> it would be good to be able to use Full Screen on occasions

I have just discovered the Keystroke element created by John Kuhns, and it
seems that this will allow me to do what I am after.

Re: Use of Executor

Is the keystroke element included in the jOrgan package, as I would like to
use it as well on my YamaBerry console. (Yamaha + Raspberry = YamaBerry)

What's it called?  If it's not included, where can I get hold of it, can I
possibly get it from you please?

Re: Use of Executor

Brian Sweetnam wrote
> Is the keystroke element included in the jOrgan package

Brian,

No - but you can download it plus full instructions from Dropbox.

Read about it here -
http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/Keystrokes-extension-td4656444.html
and find out how to download it here -
http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/Keystroke-addon-td4657090.html#a4657091

Then add it to the jOrgan lib folder on your computer. It works like a charm
with my Raspberry Pi3 B+.

Re: Use of Executor

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you John.

I wonder what can be done to include this with the main package in future?
Will the author allow this?

Just a thought.

Re: Use of Executor

Brian Sweetnam
I am missing the download instructions / link.

Re: Use of Executor

samibe
The link with the files and instructions is in the top post from John Kuhn in
the second link. Look for the link to a dropbox file.

Re: Use of Executor

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you.  I've been quite pre-ocupied today, that must be why I missed it.

I've downloaded it now.

Thank you again for showing the way.

Video screen mounting Sunday

jOrgan - User mailing list
Emergency return from Portland due to call from alarm security to return for break-in here in my SoCal venue, while wifey remains longer there helping family move to their new home as my daughter is having cancer treatments (fortunately my dozen museum instruments were too heavy to remove when siren went off and they escaped) but I lost equipment.

Here I am busy replacing some of that with Black Friday sales (living on bachelor turkey pot pies) and pass along something that may be of interest to others:

Harbor Freight sales thru Sunday include video screen mounts for wall (or especially for organ console) 17" - 42" / 66 lbs swivel/tilt mount normally sold at 26.00 for only 7.99

larger one (compare to 99.00) for only 9.99 for mounting monitor screens (tilt/flat only) from 37" to 70" /176 pounds. I have some of these wider units that cost more - I mounted dual touchscreens side by side on their wide rails, mounted on top of consoles, although perfect for viewing silent films (or Dodger games) mounting on large-screen wall mount.

But to mount touchscreens on sides of the console I am getting some of those little 7.95 units that swivel.

pk

Re: Video screen mounting Sunday

jOrgan - User mailing list wrote
> fortunately my dozen museum instruments were too heavy to remove when
> siren went off and they escaped

Paul,

Sorry to hear of the break-in. One advantage of Raspberry Pi's, even with
screens, is that they are so small that thieves may not know what they are!