Ubuntu ubdate casualty

jOrgan - User mailing list
Given the issues with nabble not necessarily getting through I went ahead and signed up for the old fashion mailing list so this is my first attempted post using that method.

I tried to piggyback on the nabble thread but don't think I got through... I am a victim of the Ubuntu Studio update catastrophe and installing Beta2 did not fix the problem for me. I am still getting the same failure message in the app.log and JO is not starting. Is there a work around other than reinstalling the old OS?

Re: Ubuntu ubdate casualty

jbeach2646
This message came through.

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:17 AM Mike Shaffer via jOrgan-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
Given the issues with nabble not necessarily getting through I went ahead and signed up for the old fashion mailing list so this is my first attempted post using that method.

I tried to piggyback on the nabble thread but don't think I got through... I am a victim of the Ubuntu Studio update catastrophe and installing Beta2 did not fix the problem for me. I am still getting the same failure message in the app.log and JO is not starting. Is there a work around other than reinstalling the old OS?

Read you loud and clear. Unfortunately, I'm not sure about the solution to your problem.

Re: Ubuntu ubdate casualty

jOrgan - User mailing list wrote
> I am a victim of the Ubuntu Studio update catastrophe

Mike,

There may be a compatibility issue between the version of Java which has
come with this update of Ubuntu Studio, and the jOrgan version you are
using. The 32/64 bitness has to agree, but there is more to it. If the Java
version is 10, then you need Graham’s new jOrgan version 3.22 (I think - I'm
starting to lose my grip on all this).

Actually downloading whatever version of jOrgan you need could be a bit of a
challenge at the moment. I have just tried to check out the jOrgan download
webpage(s), and I am using Ubuntu 14 to do this, and apart from the green
download icon (offering Linux jOrgan 3.20 in 64 bit), it seems to offer me
nothing but .dmg files, which as far as I know, are meant for Mac OS!

Graham Goode, I think you need to look into this.

Re: Ubuntu ubdate casualty

Hi Mike,

Could you email me the error message that you’re getting, and let me know what version of Ubuntu Studio you’re running. I’ll see if I can get the same error and troubleshoot from there.
GrahamG