Touch screen conversion kits

Pete Theisen
Hi Everybody,

Which touch screen conversion kit has been found satisfactory? I would appreciate a link and any experience that you would like to share. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: Touch screen conversion kits

jOrgan - User mailing list
Hi, Pete,

If by "touch screen conversion kit", you mean a kit that converts a standard non-touch display into one that had touch-screen capability, generally by putting a thin touch-sensitive film over the face of the display, I don't know of any still available.

I first investigated such kits several years ago when they were widely available.  At that time, touch-screen capability added around US$2,000 to the cost of a typical 22-24in display (then selling for around US$300-500.  Since that time, touch capability additional cost has come down to something on the order of US$100-200, which is less than most of the kits cost.  As a result, the last time I looked, the kits had all been driven off the market.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; hope this helps!
/s/Chester

On Saturday, April 28, 2018, 10:12:57 PM MDT, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Everybody,

Which touch screen conversion kit has been found satisfactory? I would appreciate a link and any experience that you would like to share. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

If you do a google.com search for “touchscreen overlay for monitor” you will get some results, but they are not cheap....

Re: Touch screen conversion kits

Brian Sweetnam
Hi Pete,

About 8 years ago, I myself obtained such a conversion kit, from my great
friend Graham Goode.  It was not expensive compared to a touch screen.  It
still works, and is working on a standard letterbox screen.  I have not seen
these kit's for sale for a number of years.

Are yo picking up where you left off with your organ console?

Looking at the Raspberry Pi 3 model B paired up with a WaveShare touch
screen, might be your answer, and I'm thinking that it would be cheaper than
buying just a standard touch screen for a 'normal' Windows driver computer.