The virtual organ, from last week

Julie Porter
To those interested my dad uploaded to You Tube a video we made testing the organ last week before the meeting.  He showed it at the meeting as my freind(and mentor) was not able to be at the Sunday meeting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDxGPiai_yU

The video is a bit rough,  my Dad who is 85 enjoys making this sort of video thing.  I was trying to stand out of frame, but he got me anyway.

There is still a lot to do.  The swell pedal midi MPL is what I mostly need...   I was working with the Robert Morton organ today,  I think I can make some skin graphics that duplicate how the shades open.   I crossed the inputs between the trems and the swell pedals and the trem tabs moved when the swell pedal was pressed.   There are both elements that are called Left and Right (Main and Solo on the Wurlitzer.)  My pattern matching on name field had the wrong input pins loaded.   So I still think there is a way to do what I want,

In a pipe organ there is a roller with a triangular piece of foil.  There is one contact per swell blade.   Not unlike the indicator in the disposition.   This might be a better way to do the expression.  Which would be to have something like a Keyer that sets the Volume/Expression in discreet steps similar to the way the Amplitude LCDs work.

Re: The virtual organ, from last week

Pete Theisen

There are several possibilities for MPL:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPL#In_computing

Acronyms are evil. Never use acronyms without expanding them at least once per post.

On 05/04/2017 01:55 AM, Julie Porter wrote:
[...]

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: The virtual organ, from last week

Aaron Laws
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Pete Theisen <[hidden email]> wrote:

There are several possibilities for MPL:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPL#In_computing

Acronyms are evil. Never use acronyms without expanding them at least once per post.

I did that very search last week ^_^ I decided on Midi programming language, but it's worth mentioning!