The Wanamaker Organ

atp

The Wanamaker Organ

atp
Hello all,

I have made a Wanamaker organ disposition...does anyone want to "edit" it/make suggestions for improvement?  If you do, reply with your email, and I'll send it to you.

Alex
ken

Re: The Wanamaker Organ

ken
Hi Alex:
Yes, I'm interested... an ambitious undertaking!!!!
You're one of the few jOrgan people on the west
side of the pond!  I live in NJ, and have
heard Wanamaker and Girard College Skinner
many times and also have recordings.
I'm currently pestering Graham Goode for
help in setting up jOrgan 3.19 with Reverberate,
Savihost, Qsynth, and Jack. It's a wonder that
any of this really works!
Ken Barta

On 5/5/2013 7:04 PM, atp wrote:
Hello all,

I have made a Wanamaker organ disposition...does anyone want to "edit"
it/make suggestions for improvement?  If you do, reply with your email, and
I'll send it to you.

Alex

-----
ATP!="Adenosine Triphosphate"

atp

Re: The Wanamaker Organ

atp
Hi Ken,

Here is the link to the Wanamaker jOrgan: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ajesla3nehyaft
It's not yet finished...the sounds are not where I'd like them to be...the graphics obviously need work too.  Let me know if you have any questions...

Also, here is a link to my "European" organ, based loosely on Esztergom Basilica:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7q9e7vpwfho8jn5
This work work is much better (in my opinion) than the Wanamaker.

Best,
Alex

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM, ken [via jOrgan] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alex:
Yes, I'm interested... an ambitious undertaking!!!!
You're one of the few jOrgan people on the west
side of the pond!  I live in NJ, and have
heard Wanamaker and Girard College Skinner
many times and also have recordings.
I'm currently pestering Graham Goode for
help in setting up jOrgan 3.19 with Reverberate,
Savihost, Qsynth, and Jack. It's a wonder that
any of this really works!
Ken Barta

On 5/5/2013 7:04 PM, atp wrote:
Hello all, I have made a Wanamaker organ disposition...does anyone want to "edit" it/make suggestions for improvement? If you do, reply with your email, and I'll send it to you. Alex ----- ATP!="Adenosine Triphosphate" -- View this message in context: http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/The-Wanamaker-Organ-tp4658425.html Sent from the jOrgan - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Get 100% visibility into Java/.NET code with AppDynamics Lite It's a free troubleshooting tool designed for production Get down to code-level detail for bottlenecks, with <2% overhead. Download for free and get started troubleshooting in minutes. http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_ap2 _______________________________________________ jOrgan-user mailing list

http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/The-Wanamaker-Organ-tp4658425p4658427.html
To unsubscribe from The Wanamaker Organ, click here.
NAML

Re: The Wanamaker Organ

greenfox
Hello Alex

This Wanamaker disposition looks amazing.  The amount of work to get to
this point is impressive.  At this stage I have only tried to take a
look at it.  I see a massive console that I have tried to shrink, but
found the scaling will only go down to 50%, so still only see a small
part of this massive console and need to scroll around a lot to see things.

What size screen do you use to view it?
Have you considered creating separate tabbed console pages for each
division to make it easier to get around and see things?
I wonder if each skin image might be better starting out smaller, so
that then it could be scaled within the jOrgan console tools?

Just my initial thoughts.

On 6/05/2013 10:33 AM, atp wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> Here is the link to the Wanamaker jOrgan:
> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1ajesla3nehyaft
> It's not yet finished...the sounds are not where I'd like them to be...the
> graphics obviously need work too.  Let me know if you have any questions...
>
> Also, here is a link to my "European" organ, based loosely on Esztergom
> Basilica:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7q9e7vpwfho8jn5
> This work work is much better (in my opinion) than the Wanamaker.
>
> Best,
> Alex
>

> On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 7:57 PM, ken [via jOrgan] <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> *Hi Alex:
>> Yes, I'm interested... an ambitious undertaking!!!!
>> You're one of the few jOrgan people on the west
>> side of the pond!  I live in NJ, and have
>> heard Wanamaker and Girard College Skinner
>> many times and also have recordings.
>> I'm currently pestering Graham Goode for
>> help in setting up jOrgan 3.19 with Reverberate,
>> Savihost, Qsynth, and Jack. It's a wonder that
>> any of this really works!
>> Ken Barta
>>
>> *
>> On 5/5/2013 7:04 PM, atp wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have made a Wanamaker organ disposition...does anyone want to "edit"
>> it/make suggestions for improvement?  If you do, reply with your email, and
>> I'll send it to you.
>>
>> Alex
>>

>> -----
>> ATP!="Adenosine Triphosphate"
>> --

>> .
>> NAML<
http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: The Wanamaker Organ

Paul Kealy
Ken,

Kudos for this giant leap of faith -
to recreate the Wanamaker will be a joy for me to follow with your guidance.
I can hardly wait to bring that music to my environment here.

pk
StentorVox.com

ml-node+[hidden email]> wrote:

> *Hi Alex:
> Yes, I'm interested... an ambitious undertaking!!!!
> You're one of the few jOrgan people on the west
> side of the pond!  I live in NJ, and have
> heard Wanamaker and Girard College Skinner
> many times and also have recordings.
> I'm currently pestering Graham Goode for
> help in setting up jOrgan 3.19 with Reverberate,
> Savihost, Qsynth, and Jack. It's a wonder that
> any of this really works!
> Ken Barta
>
> *
> On 5/5/2013 7:04 PM, atp wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>
> I have made a Wanamaker organ disposition...does anyone want to "edit"
> it/make suggestions for improvement?  If you do, reply with your email, and
> I'll send it to you.
>
> Alex
>

> -----
> ATP!="Adenosine Triphosphate"

> NAML<
http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: The Wanamaker Organ

John M
Alex,

Re: the Wanamaker Organ: Brilliant, brilliant work.  I've done just enough work with the program to say I can barely imagine how much time you must have spent on this project.  I tried a project of combining the strings from the readily-available sets on Source Forge, but the machine I was using didn't want to handle all of that.  This works, but on different machines, now.

The store hosts an organ day each year where people are invited to even enter a chamber.  It's amazing.  When I first went to hear it, I hardly knew what to expect.  Would it be garish, overly loud, and just big?  No, it remains one of the more beautiful instruments I've had the pleasure of hearing, especially--imagine this!--when it is used to play the music it was designed to play.

Thank you, thank you for making this available.
John Maher

Re: The Wanamaker Organ

mashaffer
Downloaded european to the laptop and played a bit with built in speakers. Liking what I hear. Will need to add expression pedals but could be a very flexible instrument.

mike