Soundfonts in jOrgan

I know we have some soundfont experts in this group.

1. Is it possible to have two stops that reference the same preset in a soundfont, but at different levels?  I find that the 16' stops on the pedal division are too soft and on the manuals, the volume is too loud.

2. I am using the soundfont for Rick Whatson's Christie.  I want to know, is it a major job to add just one preset to that soundfont, for example, an accordion preset?  I have a couple that I want to add, but don't know how hard it's going to be.  I know that I will need to use Viena or Vienna or Polyphone or Shwami soundfont editors.  Is there not a way to 'import' one preset from one soundfont to another, or better still, a way to simply merge two soundfonts?

Re: Soundfonts in jOrgan

greenfox
Hi Brian

The Christie jOrgan disposition is split up through 3 instances of Fluidsynth so that reverb settings and master level can be set differently for the pedals from the keyboards.

You can create a new rank to access the same rank in the soundfont. Each different rank can have separate level adjustment even if it is from the same source.

On 9 Apr 2017 1:49 am, "BrianS" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I know we have some soundfont experts in this group.

1. Is it possible to have two stops that reference the same preset in a
soundfont, but at different levels?  I find that the 16' stops on the pedal
division are too soft and on the manuals, the volume is too loud.

2. I am using the soundfont for Rick Whatson's Christie.  I want to know, is
it a major job to add just one preset to that soundfont, for example, an
accordion preset?  I have a couple that I want to add, but don't know how
hard it's going to be.  I know that I will need to use Viena or Vienna or
Polyphone or Shwami soundfont editors.  Is there not a way to 'import' one
preset from one soundfont to another, or better still, a way to simply merge
two soundfonts?

Re: Soundfonts in jOrgan

BrianS wrote
1. Is it possible to have two stops that reference the same preset in a soundfont, but at different levels?  I find that the 16' stops on the pedal division are too soft and on the manuals, the volume is too loud.
Brian,
You achieve it quite easily by editing the soundfont. You create a new preset, and make use of the existing Instruments, but give that new preset a new preset number and a slightly different name, and change its Global Attenuation Setting to reflect the sound level you want. You also create a new rank with an appropriate name, adjust the references so that the stops using the "new" preset relate to that rank. The  preset number in the Messages line which you assign to the rank needs to match the new preset number. Hope this is clear.