Soundcloud

Aaron Laws
What is this; https://soundcloud.com/jeux-dorgues/basse-et-dessus-de-trompette

It is uploaded by "jeux d'orgues". It looks like Graham Goode and Panos Ghekas are followers.

This recording sounds excellent. Only the most minor flaws in execution, but the organ sounds great! Does anybody know what organ (or VPO and configuration)?

Re: Soundcloud

Aaron Laws wrote
Does anybody know what organ (or VPO and
configuration)?
Aaron,

As far as I can see, the web page partly answers your questions:

“Many thanks to Dick Sanderman for his interpretation.
Played with Jeux d'orgues 3 - Silbermann organ sample set (www.jeuxdorgues.com).
Suite du 1er Ton, Louis-Nicolas Clérambault (1676 - 1749).”

The first of the “bookmarks” (or whatever they are called) implies that it is done with Hauptwerk.

I agree that the organ sound is excellent, possibly the best I have heard. By the way, I listened VERY hard, and I failed to hear anything that I could positively identify as release sounds from those reeds.

It would be helpful if someone in the know could fill us in with the nature of the Jeux d’orgues soundfonts/soundsets, which we are told on their site are suitable for Hauptwerk, GO, jOrgan, and others including LinuxSampler. Presumably they come in various forms.

Re: Soundcloud

Aaron Laws
I also could not hear specific release sounds on the reeds, but they do sound quite good. There doesn't seem to be much decay either: rather abrupt. It almost simulates the somewhat violent way a reed stop ceases sounding in reality.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 5:29 PM, John Reimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Aaron Laws wrote
> Does anybody know what organ (or VPO and
> configuration)?

Aaron,

As far as I can see, the web page partly answers your questions:

“Many thanks to Dick Sanderman for his interpretation.
Played with Jeux d'orgues 3 - Silbermann organ sample set
(www.jeuxdorgues.com).
Suite du 1er Ton, Louis-Nicolas Clérambault (1676 - 1749).”

The first of the “bookmarks” (or whatever they are called) implies that it
is done with Hauptwerk.

I agree that the organ sound is excellent, possibly the best I have heard.
By the way, I listened VERY hard, and I failed to hear anything that I could
positively identify as release sounds from those reeds.

It would be helpful if someone in the know could fill us in with the nature
of the Jeux d’orgues soundfonts/soundsets, which we are told on their site
are suitable for Hauptwerk, GO, jOrgan, and others including LinuxSampler.
Presumably they come in various forms.

Re: Soundcloud

The Jean-Andre Sillbermann organ from Jeux D'Orgues is a Hauptwerk sample set, sampled close to the chambers. It's a Wet set (recorded with reverb), with multiple loops and multiple releases. I worked with Joseph on this set, it's a wonderful organ. And yes, the reed releases are there - just as they sound on the real pipes. They don't stand out like a Father Henry Willis read would because these are French low pressure reeds ;)

GrahamG

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot_______________________________________________ jOrgan-user mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user