Quantcast

Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Is it possible to re-play a sample, at a speed that you can determine on the fly?  My reason for asking, is that I am trying to re-create my Yamaha organ rhythm section.  I have recordings of all the rhythms, at one speed.  I was wonderig if it is possible to replay them at variable speeds using on the fly setting in jOrgan?

I already have 2 manuals working on my Raspberry Pi organ project, and I am thrilled at the sound quality it produces.  This little organ now sounds better than the day it came off the factory floor in the mid to late 70's.

Re: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Paul Kealy
Brian,
This is exceptionally good news.

To hear of your success in Raspberry Pi is fan-TAS-tic.
I am just about set to launch out into Raspberry Pi.
Any suggestions to make it succeed?

I attended a seminar workshop about Raspberry Pi
but their understanding of MIDI application was
nothing - nada -zilch - nil - zero - naught - void.

I am using 3 keyboard controllers - bare MIDI keyboards
Since I am beginning from the ground up:
Do I begin by loading an OS of come sort,
then the jOrgan software?

pk

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 4:06 AM Brian wrote: = = =

<snip>
, , , I already have 2 manuals working on my Raspberry Pi organ project,
and I am thrilled at the sound quality it produces.  This little organ now sounds
better than the day it came off the factory floor in the mid to late 70's.
<snip>

Re: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Bob Thompson
Hi Aaron,

I'm Bob in Corvallis, Oregon, and I got on this list to find a transformer for my large Conn classic model organ which has broken down, but I don't this this site can help me, or can it?

I have no idea how to unsubscribe, either. Can you help and advise?

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Hi Paul,

I'm glad you are making a start at this, it is a very rewarding experience.

You start by downloading Raspbian from the Raspberry Pi Website.

You then simply copy the jOrgan onto this, together with your dispositions.  You then make them executable by changing some values in the properties of some files.  Then you fire it up, and you can customize your chosen disposition, and play away.

Re: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

http://www.organservice.com/

Seem to have everything you need, and then some.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5