Regulator Reverse Property

Bruce Miles-3
Changing the Regulator - Reverse - True/False property doesn't seem to
do anything. With Reverse set to True and Locking to False I would have
expected it to be sprung upwards and work the 'other way up' which would
make it right to use for Sforzando and multiple crashes.

Sven - your advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Re: Regulator Reverse Property

Hi Bruce,

if you set the 'reverse' property to 'true', all Midi messages
controlling this continuous element are interpreted in reverse order.

Having a message '144,*,*' an incoming '144,127,100' will set the
regulator's value to 0, while an incoming '144,0,100' will set it's
value to 127.
(Without the reverse the value would be 127 and 0 respectively.)
That's all.

For a Sforzando you can indeed use 'locking=false'. I don't understand
why you see an additional need to fiddle with reverse for this.

Sven

Bruce Miles wrote:

> Changing the Regulator - Reverse - True/False property doesn't seem to
> do anything. With Reverse set to True and Locking to False I would have
> expected it to be sprung upwards and work the 'other way up' which would
> make it right to use for Sforzando and multiple crashes.
>
> Sven - your advice would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks

Re: Regulator Reverse Property

Bruce Miles-3
Hello Sven,

Thanks for that. The penny has now dropped. The motion on screen is
controlled by the settings in the skin.xml file not the element
properties in jOrgan. I now have the sforzando (piano pedal) style
working correctly on screen and in midi.

Perhaps this could be posted as an update to the theatre skin.

Bruce