References Question

Sven,

I have been developing a new disposition/soundfont, using the Balmain (jOrgan 3.20) as a basis. While playing it, I noticed a discrepancy in the operation of the Transposer, and found some wrong references, which I have corrected. In using the "add references" function, and viewing the list of possible references to add, I have become used to finding that elements that are already referenced do not appear on the list. This was handy, as it enabled me to spot a couple of references that needed to be added.

However, in some cases references turned up consistently in the list, that were already in the element being examined, and this surprised me. They were in the "Choose the elements to be referenced from" list, and were Regulators - namely Temperament and Transposer. Is this normal?

Σχετ: References Question

Panos K. Ghekas
Ηi!
I can confirm John's remarks .
It happen to me lately, here and then, but not always.... Don't remember though which element I had on (((
Possibly messing around with synchronizers, activators and regulators, also continuous filters.
Total new model of the good old GBO, re-designed from zero = I opened jO and click New.
jOrgan 3.21beta x64
win8 x64

Best
Panos

Στις 4:36 π.μ. Τρίτη, 26 Μαΐου 2015, ο/η John Reimer <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

Sven,

I have been developing a new disposition/soundfont, using the Balmain
(jOrgan 3.20) as a basis. While playing it, I noticed a discrepancy in the
operation of the Transposer, and found some wrong references, which I have
corrected. In using the "add references" function, and viewing the list of
possible references to add, I have become used to finding that elements that
are already referenced do not appear on the list. This was handy, as it
enabled me to spot a couple of references that needed to be added.

However, in some cases references turned up consistently in the list, that
were already in the element being examined, and this surprised me. They were
in the "Choose the elements to be referenced from" list, and were Regulators
- namely Temperament and Transposer. Is this normal?

Re: References Question

I'm not sure at the moment, but this doesn't sound 'normal'.

Can you provide me a link to the disposition file and the element in
question?

Have fun
Sven

On 26.05.2015 03:17, John Reimer wrote:

> Sven,
>
> I have been developing a new disposition/soundfont, using the Balmain
> (jOrgan 3.20) as a basis. While playing it, I noticed a discrepancy in the
> operation of the Transposer, and found some wrong references, which I have
> corrected. In using the "add references" function, and viewing the list of
> possible references to add, I have become used to finding that elements that
> are already referenced do not appear on the list. This was handy, as it
> enabled me to spot a couple of references that needed to be added.
>
> However, in some cases references turned up consistently in the list, that
> were already in the element being examined, and this surprised me. They were
> in the "Choose the elements to be referenced from" list, and were Regulators
> - namely Temperament and Transposer. Is this normal?
>
> John Reimer

Re: References Question

Sven Meier wrote
Can you provide me a link to the disposition file and the element in
question?
Sven,

The effect is seen when attempting to add a reference to one of the Transposer elements (such as 06. Transpose 0) or to one of the Temperament elements (such as Equal). The effect is seen also in the Balmain disposition, which is not surprising given that the St Barnabas one is based upon it.

Here is a link to the disposition:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67344903/ST_BARNABAS_320_TRGT.disposition

It uses the Balmain skin, if this is useful:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67344903/BALMAIN-skin.zip

Re: References Question

 > in some cases references turned up consistently in the list, that
were already in the element being examined, and this surprised me.
 >They were in the "Choose the elements to be referenced from" list, and
were Regulators - namely Temperament and Transposer.

your "Temperament" and "Transpose" elements are both regulators - as
such they are allowed to reference other elements multiple times.

Have fun
Sven

On 28.05.2015 13:34, John Reimer wrote:

> Sven Meier wrote
>> Can you provide me a link to the disposition file and the element in
>> question?
> Sven,
>
> The effect is seen when attempting to add a reference to one of the
> Transposer elements (such as 06. Transpose 0) or to one of the Temperament
> elements (such as Equal). The effect is seen also in the Balmain
> disposition, which is not surprising given that the St Barnabas one is based
> upon it.
>
> Here is a link to the disposition:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67344903/ST_BARNABAS_320_TRGT.disposition
>
> It uses the Balmain skin, if this is useful:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67344903/BALMAIN-skin.zip
>
> John Reimer

Σχετ: References Question

Panos K. Ghekas
Hi Sven, John

well, as I grow up I learn and want to.
Yes in my case too, the elements were Transposer and Temperament regulators and combinations regulator.
Multi Reference !!! I didn't know that - thank you Sven !
That opens paths/ways to many other uses and indeed in accordance with jOrgan's main philosophy : make everything custom/as you like.

Best
Panos

Στις 12:17 π.μ. Τρίτη, 9 Ιουνίου 2015, ο/η Sven Meier <[hidden email]> έγραψε:

Hi John,

> in some cases references turned up consistently in the list, that
were already in the element being examined, and this surprised me.
>They were in the "Choose the elements to be referenced from" list, and
were Regulators - namely Temperament and Transposer.

your "Temperament" and "Transpose" elements are both regulators - as
such they are allowed to reference other elements multiple times.

Have fun
Sven

On 28.05.2015 13:34, John Reimer wrote:

> Sven Meier wrote
>> Can you provide me a link to the disposition file and the element in
>> question?
> Sven,
>
> The effect is seen when attempting to add a reference to one of the
> Transposer elements (such as 06. Transpose 0) or to one of the Temperament
> elements (such as Equal). The effect is seen also in the Balmain
> disposition, which is not surprising given that the St Barnabas one is based
> upon it.
>
> Here is a link to the disposition:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67344903/ST_BARNABAS_320_TRGT.disposition
>
> It uses the Balmain skin, if this is useful:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67344903/BALMAIN-skin.zip
>
> John Reimer

Re: References Question

Sven,

Thank you for your answer. It's good to know that my query has not unearthed some problem needing correction. It's even better that Panos has learned something useful which he may turn to good use from your jOrgan "bag of tricks".

Σχετ: References Question

Panos K. Ghekas
"Bag of Tricks" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, John, this is it ! Indeed that's why we all love jOrgan. We can do amazing things with, things that some years back were really unthinkable !

Best
Panos

Στις 11:34 μ.μ. Τρίτη, 9 Ιουνίου 2015, ο/η John Reimer <[hidden email]> έγραψε: