Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Nice Pipes
Hello Sven
I would like to be able to use the "green LED" Classic Organ Swell in Theatre Organ dispositions.
How could I do this?

Continuing the "LED" theme, could you provide "single LED" styles, with a choice of colour (say red.yellow, green ,blue), each of which can be activated by a shortcut or an activate/de-activate midi message?
The size of the LED's should be the same as used in the classic swells.
I would find this feature extremely useful.

Thanks for all you do to make jOrgan such a wonderful piece of sofware

Regards

Peter

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Jim Pinder

Peter -

You can use any of the skins on any of the organs - the trouble is (and this is not a criticism) when Sven started he split the skins into different groups - quite understandable, really.

If you want to use the other skins, then you really want to try my combi skin. This has all the different items from each of the four skins, combined into one. You can then have a choice of stop styles (in different colours) push buttons, labels, and the different swell patterns. All you do in the "style" line of the element, put in the style you want to show.

I can e-mail the combi skin to you if you would like to try it.

Subj: Re: [jOrgan-user] [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Hello Sven
I would like to be able to use the "green LED" Classic Organ Swell in Theatre Organ dispositions.
How could I do this?

Continuing the "LED" theme, could you provide "single LED" styles, with a choice of colour (say red.yellow, green ,blue), each of which can be activated by a shortcut or an activate/de-activate midi message?
The size of the LED's should be the same as used in the classic swells.
I would find this feature extremely useful.

Thanks for all you do to make jOrgan such a wonderful piece of sofware

Regards

Peter

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

yes, the skins are seperated currently mainly for two reasons:
- each skin is self contained and downloadable
- you can specify the skin once for the console and inherit this setting
for all elements that are positioned on the console

As I already wrote in on the forum, it doesn't have to stay this way.
I'm just not decided yet.
Meanwhile you can easily create/use a combined skin, as Jim is suggesting.

Sven

[hidden email] wrote:

> Peter -
>
> You can use any of the skins on any of the organs - the trouble is
> (and this is not a criticism) when Sven started he split the skins
> into different groups - quite understandable, really.
>
> If you want to use the other skins, then you really want to try my
> combi skin. This has all the different items from each of the four
> skins, combined into one. You can then have a choice of stop styles
> (in different colours) push buttons, labels, and the different swell
> patterns. All you do in the "style" line of the element, put in the
> style you want to show.
>
> I can e-mail the combi skin to you if you would like to try it.

Hello Jim

Many thanks for your offer to email me with your Combi jOrgan Skins.

I would be pleased if you would email them to me, along with, most importantly, the necessary instructions on how to install.

The reason I want to be able to use the “classic” green LED Swell in a Theatre disposition, is as follows:

I can use my Yamaha XG Works sequencer to control stops, pistons, swells, variations etc in jOrgan, at predetermined Bar/Beat/Tick positions.

This is virtually the same as the external floppy disc based registration/tempo controllers used by electronic organists.

What I have done, as well as the above-mentioned controls, is to use one channel to control a “visual” metronome in jOrgan.

This is where the 10 Green LED’s of the classic swell come in.

I use a 2 Bar countdown intro, followed by a 1 Bar Loop if the tempo remains constant through the song. The countdown previews the beats/tempo, and the 1 Bar Loop sets the Beats/Bars/Tempo for the song.

Without a loop, tempo variations can be used throughout the sequence.

The countdown LED’s move from right to left, and the main song loop LED’s move from left to right.

The movements of the LED’s are controlled by midi messages from the XG Works sequencer.

Any number of metronomes can be constructed. I have used 4/4, 2/4, 3/4, and 6/8.

The system works well.

P.S. Have you any bright ideas on how to solve my second question to Sven, viz: single, coloured LED’s?

Regards

Peter

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Hi Peter,

 >Continuing the "LED" theme, could you provide "single LED" styles,
with a choice of colour (say red.yellow, green ,blue), each of which can
be >activated by a shortcut or an activate/de-activate midi message?

of course "single LED" styles could be added, but I'm afraid I'm not
able to spend time on skins at the moment. The next jOrgan version (and
many other things) keep me busy.

Sven

Peter Nicholson wrote:

> Hello Jim
>
> Many thanks for your offer to email me with your Combi jOrgan Skins.
>
> I would be pleased if you would email them to me, along with, most
> importantly, the necessary instructions on how to install.
>

> The reason I want to be able to use the “classic” green LED Swell in a
> Theatre disposition, is as follows:
>
> I can use my Yamaha XG Works sequencer to control stops, pistons,
> swells, variations etc in jOrgan, at predetermined Bar/Beat/Tick
> positions.
>
> This is virtually the same as the external floppy disc based
> registration/tempo controllers used by electronic organists.
>

> What I have done, as well as the above-mentioned controls, is to use
> one channel to control a “visual” metronome in jOrgan.
>
> This is where the 10 Green LED’s of the classic swell come in.
>

> I use a 2 Bar countdown intro, followed by a 1 Bar Loop if the tempo
> remains constant through the song. The countdown previews the
> beats/tempo, and the 1 Bar Loop sets the Beats/Bars/Tempo for the song.
>
> Without a loop, tempo variations can be used throughout the sequence.
>
> The countdown LED’s move from right to left, and the main song loop
> LED’s move from left to right.
>
> The movements of the LED’s are controlled by midi messages from the XG
> Works sequencer.
>

> Any number of metronomes can be constructed. I have used 4/4, 2/4,
> 3/4, and 6/8.
>

> The system works well.
>

> P.S. Have you any bright ideas on how to solve my second question to
> Sven, viz: single, coloured LED’s?
>

> Regards
>

> Peter

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Michael Gedz
Hi Peter,
I played with this earlier, trying to use LEDs as piston indicators, but
could not figure how to keep them from overlapping my pistons. I don't
know if attachments work with the mail list format, but I am trying to
attach the LED graphics, and an older version skin.xml. I was trying to
use it like a stop with both on and off possible and changed by clicking
on it. Can be set with a combination, just like a stop. Maybe you can use
this as a start for doing what you want.

Good luck and have fun,
Mike

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:10:57 -0400, Peter Nicholson
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Jim
>
> Many thanks for your offer to email me with your Combi jOrgan Skins.
>
> I would be pleased if you would email them to me, along with, most
> importantly, the necessary instructions on how to install.
>

> The reason I want to be able to use the “classic” green LED Swell in a
> Theatre disposition, is as follows:
>
> I can use my Yamaha XG Works sequencer to control stops, pistons,
> swells, variations etc in jOrgan, at predetermined Bar/Beat/Tick
> positions.
>
> This is virtually the same as the external floppy disc based
> registration/tempo controllers used by electronic organists.
>

> What I have done, as well as the above-mentioned controls, is to use one
> channel to control a “visual” metronome in jOrgan.
>
> This is where the 10 Green LED’s of the classic swell come in.
>

> I use a 2 Bar countdown intro, followed by a 1 Bar Loop if the tempo
> remains constant through the song. The countdown previews the
> beats/tempo, and the 1 Bar Loop sets the Beats/Bars/Tempo for the song.
>
> Without a loop, tempo variations can be used throughout the sequence.
>
> The countdown LED’s move from right to left, and the main song loop
> LED’s move from left to right.
>
> The movements of the LED’s are controlled by midi messages from the XG
> Works sequencer.
>

> Any number of metronomes can be constructed. I have used 4/4, 2/4, 3/4,
> and 6/8.
>

> The system works well.
>

> P.S. Have you any bright ideas on how to solve my second question to
> Sven, viz: single, coloured LED’s?
>

> Regards
>

> Peter

RedLed1.png (4K) Download Attachment
GreenLed0.png (4K) Download Attachment
GreenLed1.png (4K) Download Attachment
RedLed0.png (4K) Download Attachment
skin(led).xml (28K) Download Attachment

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Nice Pipes
Hello Mike
Thanks for the email attachments (Red/Green LED's), which I received O.K.
All I need now is some help as to how to incorporate them into my Theatre
skins!

Regards

Peter

Re: [jOrgan_user] Classic Organ Swell and LED's

Bruce Miles-3
Mike,

If you study the jOrgan Notes para 55 I think you will find the answers
you need. Like all the notes it's a bit terse (my dictionary say curt
but concise ??)so you will have to read it a bit carefully. You can
always get back to us if you get stuck.

Press on

Bruce