Re: jOrgan Combinations as Hammond Organ Presets

Re: jOrgan Combinations as Hammond Organ Presets

jbeach2646
Is it possible to implement multiple combinations in jOrgan, that is, is it possible to have more than one piston-combination of stops in the same division activated at the same time?  As it is now set up, when a combination piston is pressed within a division, it will automatically deactivate any stops which are “On” or any stops which were activated by another combination piston.   I ask this because
the presets of the Hammond Organ are, in effect, (switches) preset combinations of individual voices (stops), but multiple presets can be activated at the same time.

In jOrgan, the choices for the “duration” of a combination are “none,” “infinite” and “until deactivated.”  However, when any single combination piston is depressed, it will deactivate any “On” stops or a previously activated piston-combination of stops which are “On,”   by default.  This is consistent with real, organ-console, piston behavior, that is, the automatic cancellation of a previously activated combination by the activation of a different piston combination.    “None” is the default “duration” for piston combinations.  The other two choices cause a dark circular shadow on the face of the piston, like the “Set” button has before a selection of a combination for a group of activated stops or the General Cancel.

Thanks.

Re: jOrgan Combinations as Hammond Organ Presets

jbeach2646 wrote
> Is it possible to implement multiple combinations in jOrgan, that is, is
> it possible to have more than one piston-combination of stops in the same
> division activated at the same time?

JohnB,

I think that the short answer is, "No".

But you can certainly arrange the piston set-up as it is, in a cumulative
fashion, so that P1 turns on Stops a, b and c, and P2 turns on Stops a, b,
c, plus d, e and f, and P3 turns on Stops a, b, c, d, e, f, plus g and h,
and so on. However, whether this delivers just what you are seeking, I
haven't the slightest idea.

Re: jOrgan Combinations as Hammond Organ Presets

jbeach2646
John R., Thanks for your suggestion.  I was not sure if a regulator might do
the trick, but, essentially, I thought perhaps there was a way of changing
the duration so that an activated piston would not
shut off when another piston was pressed.  On a Hammond, it is possible to
depress two presets at a time so that both combinations of stops for each
preset play together.   It is not important.