Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jbeach2646
On attempting to open a certain disposition in jOrgan, it returned the message “The file (disposition name) requires the Tools extension”.   There are no tools, other than MIDI Tools and Utilities
listed as Extensions on the jOrgan Wiki page.   So, to what does this refer?  The specific disposition was the Casson II.

Thanks.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jOrgan - User mailing list
John,

Ah - I suspect that is my Casson IIP.

The error message is not saying what it means - it needs one or more element
types not defined in the tools module installed with jorgan.

My Casson dispositions need jorgan v3.20 with an extended tools module. It
should be with the disposition file, instructions, soundfont, &c. I think
the instructions say what to do.

Any problems please ask

John

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jbeach2646
JohnDubery,  thanks for the info.  I am using jOrgan 3.21 beta 1 and that is
probably why it will not load.  I get the message that this disposition
needs the Tools extension even though the tools
extension is in the "lib" folder of jOrgan and also in the Casson IIP
folder.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jOrgan - User mailing list
John,

The tools extension needs to be copied from the Casson IIP folder to the
jorgan lib folder for it to have a chance of working. I haven't tried with
3.21 so I don't know what that will do - I'd be most interested to know.

Curiosity - which version of the Casson IIP are you looking at?

John

    Re: [jOrgan-user] Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

JohnDubery,  thanks for the info.  I am using jOrgan 3.21 beta 1 and that is
probably why it will not load.  I get the message that this disposition
needs the Tools extension even though the tools
extension is in the "lib" folder of jOrgan and also in the Casson IIP
folder.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jbeach2646
John, I copied the tools folder that was in the CassonIIP folder to the lib
folder of jOrgan and it did not work.  Usually, jOrgan will open a
disposition with the warning that it was created in
a previous version of jOrgan and that it will not work in the previous
version, once it is upgraded to the later version.  In the case of the
CassonIIP, jOrgan returned the message with the need
for the tools extension and will not open the disposition.

Thanks, anyway.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

John,  I have both the r861 and r873 versions of the CassonIIP.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jOrgan - User mailing list
John,

Just did a quicik test with 3.21beta1 but by tools module - loaded OK.

Hmmmm ... the file tools.jar (not a folder) is copied into the lib folder to
replace the file that came with the install.

The file listing for my new test version is ...

/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/bias-0.5.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/core.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/creative.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/customizer.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/executor.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/exporter.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/fluidsynth.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/gui.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/importer.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/jorgan.fluidsynth.Fluidsynth.h
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/keyboard.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/kxml2-min-2.3.0.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/lan.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/lcd.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/libcreativeJNI.so
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/libfluidsynthJNI.so
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/linuxsampler.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/memory.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/midimerger.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/recorder.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/sams.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/soundfont.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/spin-1.5.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/swingx-0.7.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/tools.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/lib/xstream-1.4.jar
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/jorgan
/home/john/files_b/organs/jorgan/jorgan-testinstall v3.21 beta1/jorgan.jar

... with my "tools.jar" replacing the original.

I hope something here is of assistance.

John

    Re: [jOrgan-user] Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

John, I copied the tools folder that was in the CassonIIP folder to the lib
folder of jOrgan and it did not work.  Usually, jOrgan will open a
disposition with the warning that it was created in
a previous version of jOrgan and that it will not work in the previous
version, once it is upgraded to the later version.  In the case of the
CassonIIP, jOrgan returned the message with the need
for the tools extension and will not open the disposition.

Thanks, anyway.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jbeach2646
John D.,  I reinstalled jOrgan 3.21 beta-1 with the fluidsynth portaudio
extension of GrahamG, copied your tools.jar to the lib folder in jOrgan and
it opened the CassonIIP without a problem.
Previously, I had had a problem with portaudio, which, although listed as a
choice along with dsound, was not usable, that is, no soundfonts would load.
The CassonIIP brings up a window that relates to ASIO4ALL as the suggested
output.   However, I am only able to get it to work with dsound and my
Soundblaster X-fi soundcard.   I have to figure out what is the problem with
portaudio.  I know that I have the 64-bit versions of both jOrgan and
Fluidsynth, so it should not be a 32-bit/64-bit mix-up which is preventing
portaudio from working.   Since jOrgan 3.21 beta 1 is a beta version, there
may be some problem there which did not exist in the 3.20 version of jOrgan
which I had used with portaudio without a problem.

Since I have good success with dsound, I have not thought it necessary to
look into why portaudio does not work.

Re: Tools ?? Extension for jOrgan

jOrgan - User mailing list
John,