Re: Pitch Tuning and Near Equal Tuning in jOrgan

Re: Pitch Tuning and Near Equal Tuning in jOrgan

jbeach2646
I have a question regarding the meaning of the following MPL messages with respect to the two Switch Filters used for Pitch Tuning and Near Equal Tuning given below.
I have found that, in order to tune my jOrgan dispositions with instruments tuned to A=440, concert pitch, I have to increase the Pitch Tuning Slider (Classic Skin, Green Slider element) to
the right to the sixth green light indicator, that is, six green lights are lit.  This is effective.  However, in the process of trying to determine the incremental value of the Pitch Tuning Slider,
I found a Near Equal Tuning (Switch Filter) which Paul Stratman had added to his Silbermann disposition and, not being sure whether this would help in providing a more exact tuning
solution to the problem with which I was dealing, I created the element and added the messages for it to my disposition.  The referencing for both Pitch Tuning and Near Equal Tuning
are, simply, all ranks in a disposition.
I thoroughly understand the concept of octave tuning, 1200 cents per octave, 100 cents per semitone.   I am curious as to how the following messages break down the octave tuning
relative to a single, green light-increment on the sliders of the jOrgan Classic skin, that is, how, if increments are exact, mathematically, can we adjust the tuning with other instruments so
there is no beating or celesting, that is, all is “zero-beat?”

Pitch Tuning requires the single message to the right of it below and Near Equal Tuning requires all the messages below to effectuate it.  Is it logical to have both in a single disposition?

Thanks.

John Beach

Pitch Tuning                       Engaging set 224, set 0, set value|mult 25|add 51

Near Equal Tuning    Disengaged    set 176, set 100, set 3
Near Equal Tuning    Engaged         set 176, set 101, set 0
Near Equal Tuning    Engaged         set 176, set 100, set 3
Near Equal Tuning    Engaged         set 176, set 6, set 1
Near Equal Tuning    Disengaged    set 176, set 100, set 3
Near Equal Tuning    Disengaged    set 176, set 6, set 0