Re: Console Element

jbeach2646
Sven,

In the duplication of a console element, is it possible to have a complete independence of the duplicated Console element from the original of which it was a copied duplicate?  That is to say, is it possible to have, for example, four, separate, console elements in one disposition, independent of one another (in order that, if a change is made on one console element, the same change is NOT made on one of the other console elements)?   I noticed that there is a “Console Switcher” element in the NEW ELEMENTS listing.

Normally, when I make a disposition, I have one Main Console Element for the Stop Jambs and Couplers, etc., and I have a Console element named “Controls” for the Reverb, Flexible Wind, and Pitch tuning adjustment sliders.  I have never used a
Console Switcher element.  Will this allow me to have 4 separate specifications each referencing the stops of the numbered soundbank, independently of one another?

I had created 4 console windows, one German, one English, one French and one Baroque, only to discover to my disappointment, that when I was all done making changes to one, the same changes were made on all the others.    I used the duplication
of the console window to save time, thinking that all I had to do was change the names of the stops, reference the new stop name to the next bank number, (all the specifications have the same number of stops, with relative equivalencies being in
4 separate banks, as differing voice palettes.

I know that I can just make 4 separate dispositions, but I thought it was a novel idea to have side-by-side voice palettes (which I got from one of the digital organs available from an organ company).  I did not want to use “Alterable Voice”  having only
one set of stop names.

Thanks.

Re: Console Element

Paul Stratman-2
I've duplicated console elements often-- making a widescreen version of the main console within the same disposition, or having some stops duplicated for left and right touch screens.

Since the same elements are referenced to the different screens, a change in a single element (say a "Principal 8'" stop) will be changed wherever that same element appears (for example, spelling it as "Prinzipal").

Console switcher allows you to access another screen at the touch of a button. You can go from "Controls" to "Left" or to the "Main Console." I've found this to be very handy after moving the effects and settings of the ACO 7.0 to a their own console.

Hope that helps.

Paul

Re: Console Element

Exactly - if you put an element on several consoles, its still the same
element.

Sven

On 15.05.2015 22:18, Paul Stratman-2 wrote:

> I've duplicated console elements often-- making a widescreen version of the
> main console within the same disposition, or having some stops duplicated
> for left and right touch screens.
>
> Since the same elements are referenced to the different screens, a change in
> a single element (say a "Principal 8'" stop) will be changed wherever that
> same element appears (for example, spelling it as "Prinzipal").
>
> Console switcher allows you to access another screen at the touch of a
> button. You can go from "Controls" to "Left" or to the "Main Console." I've
> found this to be very handy after moving the effects and settings of the ACO
> 7.0 to a their own console.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Paul

Re: Console Element

lwalls
John,

Indeed, you certainly CAN have multiple independent CONSOLE elements, where changes made
to one Console element do NOT appear on the others.

HOWEVER, from your post I gather that what you are actually wanting to do is make changes
to OTHER elements that the Console elements reference.  For example, if multiple Console
elements are referenced by a single Stop element, then any changes made to that Stop
element, including the text on its graphic, will appear simultaneously on any Console
element graphic where that Stop element is referenced (as you have already observed).

So, of course, if you have an "English" Console element referencing a Stop element whose
text reads, "Flute", and an "Italian" Console element that references that SAME Stop
element, then the word "Flute" will appear on that Stop graphic on BOTH Console graphics.
If you then change the text on the shared Stop element to "Flauto", even while the Italian
console element is being displayed, the word "Flauto" now appears on BOTH Console graphics
as well.

The Console elements are "independent" of each other on so far as the specific properties
of each respective Console element goes.  Changes to other elements that may reference the
Console element, or that the Console element references, remain with the changed element,
NOT with the Console element.

The only way you can do what you want is to DUPLICATE all the elements whose graphics
appear on the various consoles, and then change the text of the respective duplicate
elements to reflect the intended language of the particular Console element referenced.

CLW

On 5/15/2015 10:32 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Sven,
> In the duplication of a console element, is it possible to have a complete independence of
> the duplicated Console element from the original of which it was a copied duplicate?  That
> is to say, is it possible to have, for example, four, separate, console elements in one
> disposition, independent of one another (in order that, if a change is made on one console
> element, the same change is NOT made on one of the other console elements)?   I noticed
> that there is a “Console Switcher” element in the NEW ELEMENTS listing.
> Normally, when I make a disposition, I have one Main Console Element for the Stop Jambs
> and Couplers, etc., and I have a Console element named “Controls” for the Reverb, Flexible
> Wind, and Pitch tuning adjustment sliders.  I have never used a
> Console Switcher element.  Will this allow me to have 4 separate specifications each
> referencing the stops of the numbered soundbank, independently of one another?
> I had created 4 console windows, one German, one English, one French and one Baroque, only
> to discover to my disappointment, that when I was all done making changes to one, the same
> changes were made on all the others.    I used the duplication
> of the console window to save time, thinking that all I had to do was change the names of
> the stops, reference the new stop name to the next bank number, (all the specifications
> have the same number of stops, with relative equivalencies being in
> 4 separate banks, as differing voice palettes.
> I know that I can just make 4 separate dispositions, but I thought it was a novel idea to
> have side-by-side voice palettes (which I got from one of the digital organs available
> from an organ company).  I did not want to use “Alterable Voice”  having only
> one set of stop names.
> Thanks.
> John Beach

BCA

Re: Console Element

BCA
John,

all marked elements which are transferred through the Ctrl+D command, inherit all the element's sub-references.

So far, the term "duplication" can be quite misleading, since nothing is "doubled" but the main element which was marked initially.

I assume, you request a "doubling" command, which doubles a complete console and empties any sound references. This doesn't exist, in jOrgan. Could be quite muddling, with big dispositions...
all the best,
BCA

Re: Console Element

Thanks to all who commented on my post.  I have successfully made one jOrgan
disposition with 4 separate and distinct specifications on four, separate,
Console Elements, using different skins for each.  It is possible to
duplicate General Cancel and
SET Elements so there are four of each, one for each specification  and to
assign the respective stops for each specification to be referenced,
separately by the SET and CANCEL of each, single specification.  All the
Reverb, Flexible Wind, Main Volume,
Recorder, Pitch Tuning, and Panic are on a Controls Console and a SET and
CANCEL element were made for REVERB regulation.   Contrary to the idea that
ALL console elements must reference 1 SET and 1 General Cancel,  I have five
instances of SET
and 5 instances of CANCEL elements.  It is the individual elements that are
REFERENCED to each which is important.  There is NO conflict between these
SET or CANCEL elements, i.e., the CANCEL element of one specification does
NOT cancel the
elements of another specification.  They all function independently.

Sounds are in three separate soundfonts, Manual 1, Manual 2 and Pedal,  and
each contains four banks of presets, one bank for each specification.  The
bank number for each rank had to be made manually in jOrgan messages.   On
importing soundfonts, jOrgan retains preset numbers, but bank numbers are 0
in jOrgan despite their being numbered correctly in the soundfont.  I
created individual Keyboard elements for each specification, so if the
Keyboard (View) is toggled on, there are 12 keyboards visible.  I don't
think there is a workaround for this because of the need to keep stops
referenced to specific keyboards within a given specification and not have
the stops of all specifications be referenced to a single instance of
Swell/Manual 2, Great/Manual 1, or Pedal keyboard.   There are 27 stops in
each specification for a total of 108 stops.
In Customizer, all Swell/Manual II keyboard instances are assigned channel
1, all Great/Manual 1 keyboard instances are assigned channel 2, and all
Pedalboard instances are assigned channel 3.  So, in the event that the
stops of different specifications
were desired to be played together, they can be engaged to do so.   So, they
can function independently, with respect to sound output,  or together.
The entire disposition folder with all soundfonts is 556 kilobytes in
size ---unzipped.