Re: Audacity

jbeach2646
Here is how puzzling the problem with Audacity is.   If I open Audacity and use the Generate>Tone and generate and save a Sine 440.wav file to the desktop, having done this, Audacity can not open the
same file it has just produced.  All permissions for System, Administrator and Users are “Full control” (Allow).    There are no problems opening the same file with Media Player or importing the wave file as a sample into Polyphone for use in a soundfont.  It makes no difference if I install Audacity Version 2.1 or 2.2.  I get the same result.  While one might think it to be a Windows System problem, Audacity is
the ONLY application that has this incomprehensible behavior.

Re: Audacity

jOrgan - User mailing list

I have worked over a Win8.1 machine with a soundblaster card so I can do some more tests.  My question is, are you saving any Meta Data with your file?

And, have you tried right clicking on the Audacity icon on the desktop and using “Run as Administrator”?

Thanks

Marc-Paul

Here is how puzzling the problem with Audacity is.   If I open Audacity and use the Generate>Tone and generate and save a Sine 440.wav file to the desktop, having done this, Audacity can not open the

same file it has just produced.  All permissions for System, Administrator and Users are “Full control” (Allow).    There are no problems opening the same file with Media Player or importing the wave file as a sample into Polyphone for use in a soundfont.  It makes no difference if I install Audacity Version 2.1 or 2.2.  I get the same result.  While one might think it to be a Windows System problem, Audacity is

the ONLY application that has this incomprehensible behavior.

Re: Audacity

jbeach2646

Marc,  I don’t usually save metadata with the .wav files.  I usually just save them as .wav files (not Audacity Project files which save the metadata).    I have

several folders as well as a jOrgan Briefcase  on the desktop and they are full of wave files of  synthesized organ sounds.

I have also tried running as an Administrator, but as I said previously, all the permissions for SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATOR AND USER JOHN BEACH are “FULL CONTROL” with the checkboxes checked for “ALLOW”.  There is not one check in a checkbox under “DENY” for any permissions.

John