RM 3/15 Sample Set

Jim Pitts
Are either the Freedom Morton 3/15 or 3/17 sample sets available for use on
jOrgan?  If so, where can I find a download site for either or both?

Thanx,
Jim Pitts

Window not refreshing

Bruce Miles
I am having problems with the jOrgan window failing to refresh. This
only affects jOrgan - other windows have no problem. But if I partly
overlay the jOrgan window with another window and then move the second
window I am left with white vertical bars partly obscuring jOrgan. This
effect is not entirely consistent and seems to effect the vertical
component more than the horizontal, but it only affects jOrgan. The
effect has been there for a long time on various computers and has
appeared on my latest quite high powered gaming machine where rapid
screen refresh is a major requirement.

Any ideas  ?

Here's hoping.

Bruce Miles

Re: Window not refreshing

Hi Bruce,

please tell us your Windows version and the output of "java -version".

Best regards
Sven

On 27.02.2015 10:34, Bruce Miles wrote:

> I am having problems with the jOrgan window failing to refresh. This
> only affects jOrgan - other windows have no problem. But if I partly
> overlay the jOrgan window with another window and then move the second
> window I am left with white vertical bars partly obscuring jOrgan. This
> effect is not entirely consistent and seems to effect the vertical
> component more than the horizontal, but it only affects jOrgan. The
> effect has been there for a long time on various computers and has
> appeared on my latest quite high powered gaming machine where rapid
> screen refresh is a major requirement.
>
> Any ideas  ?
>
> Here's hoping.
>
> Bruce Miles

Re: Window not refreshing

Bruce Miles
Hello Sven,

System is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 . 64 bit.
Java version is JRE 7
Following quote is from the release file -
JAVA_VERSION="1.7.0"
OS_NAME="Windows"
OS_VERSION="5.2"
OS_ARCH="amd64"

Hope this is the info you need

Regards

Bruce Miles

On 27/02/2015 09:54, Sven Meier wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> please tell us your Windows version and the output of "java -version".
>
> Best regards
> Sven
>

> On 27.02.2015 10:34, Bruce Miles wrote:
>> I am having problems with the jOrgan window failing to refresh. This
>> only affects jOrgan - other windows have no problem. But if I partly
>> overlay the jOrgan window with another window and then move the second
>> window I am left with white vertical bars partly obscuring jOrgan. This
>> effect is not entirely consistent and seems to effect the vertical
>> component more than the horizontal, but it only affects jOrgan. The
>> effect has been there for a long time on various computers and has
>> appeared on my latest quite high powered gaming machine where rapid
>> screen refresh is a major requirement.
>>
>> Any ideas  ?
>>
>> Here's hoping.
>>
>> Bruce Miles

Re: Window not refreshing

Hi Bruce,

you should update to the latest Java 8 version first.

As always when installing Java, you might want to deselect the
Ask-Toolbar pest during installation and disable the browser plugin for
safety.

Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Best regards
Sven

Am 27.02.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Bruce Miles:

> Hello Sven,
>
> System is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 . 64 bit.
> Java version is JRE 7
> Following quote is from the release file -
> JAVA_VERSION="1.7.0"
> OS_NAME="Windows"
> OS_VERSION="5.2"
> OS_ARCH="amd64"
>
> Hope this is the info you need
>
> Regards
>
> Bruce Miles
>

> On 27/02/2015 09:54, Sven Meier wrote:
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> please tell us your Windows version and the output of "java -version".
>>
>> Best regards
>> Sven
>>

>> On 27.02.2015 10:34, Bruce Miles wrote:
>>> I am having problems with the jOrgan window failing to refresh. This
>>> only affects jOrgan - other windows have no problem. But if I partly
>>> overlay the jOrgan window with another window and then move the second
>>> window I am left with white vertical bars partly obscuring jOrgan. This
>>> effect is not entirely consistent and seems to effect the vertical
>>> component more than the horizontal, but it only affects jOrgan. The
>>> effect has been there for a long time on various computers and has
>>> appeared on my latest quite high powered gaming machine where rapid
>>> screen refresh is a major requirement.
>>>
>>> Any ideas  ?
>>>
>>> Here's hoping.
>>>
>>> Bruce Miles

Re: Window not refreshing

Bruce Miles

Hello Sven,

I have now updated Java to Version  8 Build 31. There is no change - the
white bars are still there. A second look at how movement of the
overlaying programme affects things - It seems horizontal or vertical
movement has the same effect in leaving these artefacts, diagonal
movement does not. Any overlaying proramme has the same effect on jOrgan.

Still hoping for a solution.

Regards,

Bruce

On 02/03/2015 09:08, Sven Meier wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> you should update to the latest Java 8 version first.
>
> As always when installing Java, you might want to deselect the
> Ask-Toolbar pest during installation and disable the browser plugin for
> safety.
>
> Hopefully this will fix the issue.
>
> Best regards
> Sven
>

> Am 27.02.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Bruce Miles:
>> Hello Sven,
>>
>> System is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 . 64 bit.
>> Java version is JRE 7
>> Following quote is from the release file -
>> JAVA_VERSION="1.7.0"
>> OS_NAME="Windows"
>> OS_VERSION="5.2"
>> OS_ARCH="amd64"
>>
>> Hope this is the info you need
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Bruce Miles
>>

>> On 27/02/2015 09:54, Sven Meier wrote:
>>> Hi Bruce,
>>>
>>> please tell us your Windows version and the output of "java -version".
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Sven

Re: Window not refreshing

open jOrgan.l4j.ini in the jOrgan installation folder and add the following:

-Dsun.java2d.opengl=true

or

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

See whether one of these settings helps.

Sven

Am 03.03.2015 um 19:37 schrieb Bruce Miles:

> Hello Sven,
>
> I have now updated Java to Version  8 Build 31. There is no change - the
> white bars are still there. A second look at how movement of the
> overlaying programme affects things - It seems horizontal or vertical
> movement has the same effect in leaving these artefacts, diagonal
> movement does not. Any overlaying proramme has the same effect on jOrgan.
>
> Still hoping for a solution.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bruce
>

> On 02/03/2015 09:08, Sven Meier wrote:
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> you should update to the latest Java 8 version first.
>>
>> As always when installing Java, you might want to deselect the
>> Ask-Toolbar pest during installation and disable the browser plugin for
>> safety.
>>
>> Hopefully this will fix the issue.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Sven
>>

>> Am 27.02.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Bruce Miles:
>>> Hello Sven,
>>>
>>> System is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 . 64 bit.
>>> Java version is JRE 7
>>> Following quote is from the release file -
>>> JAVA_VERSION="1.7.0"
>>> OS_NAME="Windows"
>>> OS_VERSION="5.2"
>>> OS_ARCH="amd64"
>>>
>>> Hope this is the info you need
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Bruce Miles

Re: Window not refreshing

ticytin
Hi Bruce,

Maybe it is your video card?  Russ

I have now updated Java to Version  8 Build 31. There is no change - the
white bars are still there. A second look at how movement of the
overlaying programme affects things - It seems horizontal or vertical
movement has the same effect in leaving these artefacts, diagonal
movement does not. Any overlaying proramme has the same effect on jOrgan.

Still hoping for a solution.

Regards,

Bruce

On 02/03/2015 09:08, Sven Meier wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> you should update to the latest Java 8 version first.
>
> As always when installing Java, you might want to deselect the
> Ask-Toolbar pest during installation and disable the browser plugin for
> safety.
>
> Hopefully this will fix the issue.
>
> Best regards
> Sven
>

> Am 27.02.2015 um 13:52 schrieb Bruce Miles:
>> Hello Sven,
>>
>> System is Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 . 64 bit.
>> Java version is JRE 7
>> Following quote is from the release file -
>> JAVA_VERSION="1.7.0"
>> OS_NAME="Windows"
>> OS_VERSION="5.2"
>> OS_ARCH="amd64"
>>
>> Hope this is the info you need
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Bruce Miles
>>

>> On 27/02/2015 09:54, Sven Meier wrote:
>>> Hi Bruce,
>>>
>>> please tell us your Windows version and the output of "java -version".
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Sven

Re: Window not refreshing

greenfox
I agree, My first thought was video driver, but I think I recall Bruce said it only affected jOrgan and no other software running on the particular computer?