Offensive Posts

I have just received an email from a member of this Forum who has taken umbrage at some wording they found offensive in some recent posts. It was not the matter that I was prompted to address, which certainly caused offence to one of those involved, and although I found the matter “regrettable”, no-one else seemed to raise an eyebrow. It only goes to show that we are all set off by various things, often quite unpredictably.

I think that when we joined this Forum, we probably agreed to the condition that we avoid postings of an offensive nature. In the interests of harmony, please take care that what you post is not likely to have off-topic implications (political, religious, gender, nationality, world view etc.) which may trouble some people. If your remark is meant to be playful, please indicate that by using an emoticon. We have no other way of working out whether you mean to be taken seriously.

And if you do read something in a post which really annoys you, instead of possibly causing the matter to be blown up into almost an international incident by complaining in a strongly-worded post, how about emailing me so that I can consider deleting what has troubled you.

Re: Offensive Posts

RoyR
Hi, John,

               A very reassuring post, I hope I'm not on your "little list of society offenders who could well be underground and never would be missed" as the  Mikado's Lord High Executioner would say.    *:)) laughing

    I'm certainly one for making the odd tongue-in-cheek comment and hope it is seen as such and doesn't cause offence, that is certainly not my intention.

   As I matter of fact I wasn't aware until recently that you are a Moderator of this group, nor, indeed, that there even were any now! I think it's a sign of good management when a manager seldom needs to intervene at the nuts-'n-bolts level, some have far too itchy fingers!

On 25 June 2017 at 22:02, John Reimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

[...]

RoyR wrote
I hope I'm not on your "little list of society offenders
Roy,

If it helps you to sleep better, let me assure you that you are not on the list, and in fact there is no list.    :-)
I hate acting as the policeman, and my main wish is to keep as many contributers on this list as possible. But I have never really got over the loss of Graham Harrison from our ranks because he was upset by a very offensive post which was deleted too late.

Re: Offensive Posts

Sesquialtra
I'll give my personal views regarding JORGAN FORUM.

Its full of mixed people from all different backgrounds. It's the way people are brought up within life and society.

Personally for myself? I don't care less longs its about the organ world and we can have a laugh now and again but we all need to get along with each other... No matter what happens or what has been said. There is a line not to be crossed.

Aaron

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 11:30 PM, John Reimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
RoyR wrote
> I hope I'm not on your "little list of society offenders

Roy,

If it helps you to sleep better, let me assure you that you are not on the
list, and in fact there is no list.    :-)
I hate acting as the policeman, and my main wish is to keep as many
contributers on this list as possible. But I have never really got over the
loss of Graham Harrison from our ranks because he was upset by a very
offensive post which was deleted too late.

Re: Offensive Posts

Hi, John,

               Thanks for your reply. I know what you mean about the policeman, I've only once had the dubious honour of awarding a member of Lowreyforum the Grand Order of the Boot... Not a nice activity.

   Mind you, there was no doubt of the proper response on that occasion, the post had no purpose but crass rudeness, something like,

   "Not a bad pair of legs on ____ Putting it on a bit round the middle though!"

   ...Well, what else could a Moderator do!

RoyR wrote