Quantcast

No sound with Soni Musicae .sf2

Thibaut
Hello,

I am trying to use the Blanchet Sound font from Sony Musicae on Jorgan.
Editing the .sf2 with Viena is making a great sound but I am currently not able to have it working on Jorgan.
I have created several dispositions that work great with other .sf but this one is not willling to work.
What are the parameters that I may have to tune in FLuidsynth?

I am having the same issue with other .sf2 from Soni Musicae.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: No sound with Soni Musicae .sf2

Thibaut,

I sent you a personal message, but did not receive an answer. So I downloaded one of the Soni Musicae sound fonts - the House Organ - and tried it with my Balmain Disposition. I had no difficulty getting some of the stops to work. I was using dsound under Windows 7. As far as I can see, the soundfont is quite normal, and I was able to use Viena to listen to the various Presets.

To play the sounds using jOrgan you do of course have to use a jOrgan disposition. And the stops in your jOrgan disposition need to send rank messages which correspond to the Preset numbers in the Soni Musicae soundfont. Because you said in your post that you have already made some jOrgan dispositions, I assume that you know how to do this.

I might say for the benefit of any readers of this thread that if you want to download any of the Soni Musicae soundfonts, be aware that this particular soundfont was compressed using sfArk (as the webpage says), and this may also be the case for other soundfonts from them. However, the download is actually a ZIPPED folder which contains the sfArk compressed soundfont file along with some pdf files. So after unzipping the folder, you need to uncompress the orgue-de-salon.sfArk file using sfArk.

Re: No sound with Soni Musicae .sf2

Thibaut
Dear John,

Many thanks for the support provided.
I am still quite new in making dispositions and using SFs.
I will open a new thread related to the usage of external sound cards and using creative SB cards.
Thanks again.

Re: No sound with Soni Musicae .sf2

I did send Thibault further information by email, and I have copied it and pasted it below, as it may be of help to any others who are interested in trying out these Soni Musicae soundfonts: