New ideas...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New ideas...

BrianS
This post was updated on .
Hi,

I am dreaming up (wonderful) new ideas, that are becoming possible with Raspberry Pi.

1. Imagine you have a dispositions that is split over four (or any other number) of Raspberry Pi's
You could theoretically program your disposition so that it would be possible, to switch any rank at will and on the fly, from one Raspberry Pi , to any other Raspberry Pi, according to your preference. I do not know 100% if this is possible, but my gut feeling makes me believe it is possible - I will ask Graham (and myself) to investigate how to accomplish this.

2. If you build a 'compact' stereo speaker cabinet (on castors), with the following items built into it, you could have 'mobile virtual pipe chambers' for want of a better description. Into this mobile unit, all you need, are the following: a Raspberry Pi, 2 full range speakers, one sub-woofer, a quad channel amplifier, of which 2 channels are used for full range audio, and the remaining 2 channels are in bridged mode, in order to power a sub-woofer.  In order to control the amplifier, you would need a parametric equalizer.  This speaker cabinet, or tone cabinet, will connect via WIFI to your organ, so only needs power connection.  I think this changes everything in our VPO setup - it does so for me anyway. You need not connect a screen to these Pi's in the 'virtual pipe chambers', because you can connect to them using either SSH or Remote Desktop Connection in order to do maintenance on these units.  But you could connect a small touch screen to each Raspberry Pi - I will not do so myself.

One Raspberry Pi will always need to be built into your organ console.

So, using a disposition split over four Raspberry Pi's, you could have 3 mobile pipe chambers, to be placed at will in your music room.

And imagine your disposition contains a church bell (I have seen this) then the chamber could be placed in a different room, for realism.

To me, the Raspberry Pi is changing the way I think about a VPO, and it much more flexible than doing this all on an Intel based system.  It is smaller, cheaper, easier to maintain, more reliable (no hard disk that can pack up), easier to keep a backup of (you can actually create an image file of each working Raspberry Pi's operating system).

Just my over enthusiastic ideas, that I though of sharing with you.

I am having a lot of fun now with jOrgan.

Regards,

Brian.  

Regards,

BrianS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

BrianS
Further to the above, another idea.

I have 2 Yamaha organ consoles, in storage.  They are quite cheap in South Africa, and most of them have a 'Tremolo' speaker inside them.

Imagine taking this out and putting it into your 'mobile speaker cabinet'. You then have a sort of cheap "Leslie" sound-alike cabinet.

Thinking of Paul Stratmann's Drawbar organ dispositions, you could also activate the rotary speaker via WiFi from your console, using an executor, that will either stop or start and possibly set the speed of the rotating speaker, using the GPIO's of the Raspberry Pi.

Again, I am just floating an idea here, I do not claim to have worked out all the details, and do not know if it is possible, but my gut feeling is that it is possible to accomplish this.

Brian.
Regards,

BrianS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Aaron Laws
In reply to this post by BrianS
On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 10:45 AM, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I am dreaming up (wonderful) new ideas, that are becoming possible with
Raspberry Pi.

1. Imagine you have a dispositions that is split over four (or any other
number) of Raspberry Pi's
You could theoretically program your disposition so that it would be
possible, to switch any rank at will and on the fly, from one Raspberry Pi ,
to any other Raspberry Pi, according to your preference. Graham and myself
will investigate how to accomplish this.

2. If you build a 'compact' stereo speaker cabinet (on castors), with the
following items built into it, you could have 'mobile virtual pipe chambers'
for want of a better description. Into this mobile unit, all you need, are
the following: a Raspberry Pi, a quad channel amplifier, of which 2 channels
are used for full range audio, and the remaining 2 channels are in bridged
mode, in order to power a sub-woofer.  In order to control the amplifier,
you would need a parametric equalizer.  This speaker cabinet, or tone
cabinet, will connect via WIFI to your organ, so only needs power
connection.  I think this changes everything in a VPO setup - it does so for
me anyway. You need not connect a screen to these Pi's in the 'virtual pipe
chamers', because you can connect to them using either SSH or Remote Desktop
Connection in order to do maintenance on these units.  But you could connect
a small touch screen - I will not do so myself.

So, using a disposition split over four Raspberry Pi's, you could have 3
mobile pipe chambers, to be placed at will in your music room.

And imagine your disposition contains a church bell (I have seen this) then
the chamber could be placed in a different room, for realism.

To me, the Raspberry Pi is changing the way I think about a VPO, and it much
more flexible than doing this all on an Intel based system.  It is smaller,
cheaper, easier to maintain, more reliable (no hard disk that can pack up),
easier to keep a backup of (you can actually create an image file of each
working Raspberry Pi's operating system).

Just my over enthusiastic ideas, that I though of sharing with you.

I am having a lot of fun now with jOrgan.

Regards,

Brian.

This is good thinking! My first concern was that: in order for jOrgan to run, it needs a monitor. My second reflection is: that's not true, it only needs an X server! Perhaps you can have an headless x server? That reveals the possibility of running VNC on the raspberry pis? Then you could point and click on them remotely if you like since jorgan doesn't have a CLI ... yet ;-)

In Christ,
Aaron Laws 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Paul Kealy
In reply to this post by BrianS
Actually, borrowing on an idea for an album recorded by Eddie Dunstedter at Lorin Whitney's studio on Lorin's Robert Morton and a Hammond with multiple Leslies, I built a speaker cab inside a former decorative curio cabinet featuring four Leslies removed from electronic consoles that play a fantastic multi-trem sound through the sides of the cabinet (as they had thru the console speaker ports of bygone days).

I thought I'd have to put some of them on a delay so they wouldn't muddy the sound all playing together, but since their startup times varied somewhat from each other, that was no problem.

Although I am not a friend of the Hammond/Leslie sound compared to a real pipe organ, there are times this sound is refreshing and serves a need. Although one of my organs is a Hammond with a 720 Leslie cabinet, the multiple sounds emanating from this DIY multiple source is preferable.

At least the 720 is a real speaker, designed as a true speaker cabinet, not just one of those older open consoles with keyboards on top, amps inside, and speakers beneath, singing to your crotch.

pk
StentorVox



From: BrianS <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 8:45 AM
Subject: Re: [jOrgan-user] New ideas...

Further to the above, another idea.

I have 2 Yamaha organ consoles, in storage.  They are quite cheap in South
Africa, and most of them have a 'Tremolo' speaker inside them.

Imagine taking this out and putting it into your 'mobile speaker cabinet'.
You then have a sort of cheap "Leslie" sound-alike cabinet.

Thinking of Paul Stratmann's Drawbar organ dispositions, you could also
activate the rotary speaker via WiFi from your console, using an executor,
that will either stop or start and possibly set the speed of the rotating
speaker, using the GPIO's of the Raspberry Pi.

Again, I am just floating an idea here, I do not claim to have worked out
all the details, and do not know if it is possible, but my gut feeling is
that it is possible to accomplish this.

Brian.



-----
Regards,

BrianS
--
View this message in context: http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/New-ideas-tp4664636p4664642.html

Sent from the jOrgan - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Pete Theisen
In reply to this post by BrianS
I wouldn't want that unless it was for a Hammond, Wurlitzer amplified
reed or Analog Electronic organ disposition, though. Virtual Pipe organs
can use tremmed samples that are far more authentic.

On 03/10/2017 11:45 AM, BrianS wrote:

> Further to the above, another idea.
>
> I have 2 Yamaha organ consoles, in storage.  They are quite cheap in South
> Africa, and most of them have a 'Tremolo' speaker inside them.
>
> Imagine taking this out and putting it into your 'mobile speaker cabinet'.
> You then have a sort of cheap "Leslie" sound-alike cabinet.
>
> Thinking of Paul Stratmann's Drawbar organ dispositions, you could also
> activate the rotary speaker via WiFi from your console, using an executor,
> that will either stop or start and possibly set the speed of the rotating
> speaker, using the GPIO's of the Raspberry Pi.
>
> Again, I am just floating an idea here, I do not claim to have worked out
> all the details, and do not know if it is possible, but my gut feeling is
> that it is possible to accomplish this.
>
> Brian.
>
>
>
> -----
> Regards,
>
> BrianS
> --
> View this message in context: http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/New-ideas-tp4664636p4664642.html
> Sent from the jOrgan - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
> dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
> account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
> projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
> http://sdm.link/oxford
> _______________________________________________
> jOrgan-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
>

--
Regards,

Pete
https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcing the Oxford Dictionaries API! The API offers world-renowned
dictionary content that is easy and intuitive to access. Sign up for an
account today to start using our lexical data to power your apps and
projects. Get started today and enter our developer competition.
http://sdm.link/oxford
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

BrianS
I would also only like to have the Tremolo speaker for drawbar organ and nothing else.
Regards,

BrianS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Paul Kealy
In reply to this post by Pete Theisen
You can say that again,
That "Hammond trem" sound is one of the reasons I escaped the clutches of the electroid instruments that were de-facto standard instruments available in my youth. The sound of those consoles sounded the death knell of the organ as a serious instrument, but real organs were unapproachably expensive for most of us.

When keyboards reached out to a greater audience, we had rock performers playing a half dozen or so keyboards with different sounds (remember the Captain and Tenile?). Rock performers spent hours setting up keyboards in my recording studio. We had Moogs, Prophets and similar keyboards - there was even one we used called the Chamberlain that had spools of recorded tape attached to the keys - Karen and Richard Carpenter used one of these to play oboe sounds).

MIDI came along to unite the compatibly, settling on architecture to wrap configurable sounds into a more workable package. But the rock keyboards didn't revert to the older organ sounds that had fallen from favor. 

When Bruce Miles and others began to expand the potential of true organ sounds I thought it was time to investigate the potential again. I heard music I never imagined, and something perfectly wonderful happened with the advent of downloadable MidiTzer, the configurability jorgan made available, and software such as HW any DIYer was made available to transform a computer into a fantastic instrument. People sampled world famous instruments effectively.

Playing my museum instruments to today's youth gives the feeling of a certain "sound" as a slice of history; that is to say, no matter how you adjust the drawbar sliders to configure the sound the Hammond Trem plays, it all sounds rather the same to most kids. So the Hammond is a historic part of today's instruments.

However, today's DIYer can unite a whole panoply of alternatives, from major cathedral pipe organs, cinema and orchestral instruments and even those little home based Hammond 101s and Wurlitzers, chord organs and harmoniums.

We live in a wonderful day, and can only pray today's musicians will catch on to how far we have come and exploit the potential.

I have hope this jOrgan chatlist will continue to equip those of us with soldering stations and computers creating true instruments in our computers with MidiBox-type PCI boards to manipulate sounds and play them though state-of-the-art amps, speakers and acoustical engineering, unlike yesterday when they simply plugged in a B3 and started to play it.

I mix pipes and speakers (even an electronic horizontal en chamade rank, and there is no end to what today's creative engineers can accomplish. It is amazing how jorgan can create many instruments within a single console, displayed on custom touchscreen graphics.

Having nearly dropped out of the interest that captivated me the past few decades, those on this list are providing great encouragement to many such as Yours Truly. Somehow, I am learning.

pk
StentorVoOx.com


From: Pete Theisen <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [jOrgan-user] New ideas...

I wouldn't want that unless it was for a Hammond, Wurlitzer amplified
reed or Analog Electronic organ disposition, though. Virtual Pipe organs
can use tremmed samples that are far more authentic.

On 03/10/2017 11:45 AM, BrianS wrote:

> Further to the above, another idea.
>
> I have 2 Yamaha organ consoles, in storage.  They are quite cheap in South
> Africa, and most of them have a 'Tremolo' speaker inside them.
>
> Imagine taking this out and putting it into your 'mobile speaker cabinet'.
> You then have a sort of cheap "Leslie" sound-alike cabinet.
>
> Thinking of Paul Stratmann's Drawbar organ dispositions, you could also
> activate the rotary speaker via WiFi from your console, using an executor,
> that will either stop or start and possibly set the speed of the rotating
> speaker, using the GPIO's of the Raspberry Pi.
>
> Again, I am just floating an idea here, I do not claim to have worked out
> all the details, and do not know if it is possible, but my gut feeling is
> that it is possible to accomplish this.
>
> Brian.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

BrianS
Hi Paul,

I agree with you.

Does your museum have an online presence?  I would like to see it, but could never visit in person.

It sounds fascinating to say the least.

My console is everything in one.  It has some classical pipe organs, theater organs, draw bar organs (some very close to the B3 - there is actually a B3 simulator as well, and more general Draw bar organs, and some weird ideas that I have thought out by myself.  It is even an 'arranger keyboard' but only one on steroids, as it is a 3 manual arranger keyboard, instead of the normal single manual arrange keyboard.  It has 'built in' rhythms - 1000's of them. And it as 100's of sounds to choose from as well.

As from this morning, I am considering splitting the functions.  so instead of having an all in one console, I am thinking of separating them. I have two Yamaha spinet type organs, that are nog in a good working condition anymore.  For years, I have thought about mounting two 13 note pedal boards alongside each other, and of course, losing one of the 'C' notes, as you cannot have 2 next to each other. Today, I saw a video of a guy playing beautifully on his Yamaha, and this is exactly what he has done.


Regards,

Brian.
Regards,

BrianS
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Paul Kealy
Brian,

My offlist reply bounced back, so I'll re-address it here.
You are to be admired for your innovative spirit. It is real encouragement.

Although my organ museum projects went kablooey for a couple of years, my website is
still intact at StentorVox dot com and I am on the verge of bringing new energy to my former project that had been set aside when our city declared bankruptcy. They own the venue that houses the organ I was restoring and union is not friendly to our using it.

I am so encouraged by those on this list, especially our antipodean friends. There seems quite a great organ revival effort down there.

I have a dozen consoles and dozens of interactive workstations illustrating the physics and properties of sound and how well the organ illustrates it all.
 
Just as my I needed jOrgan to power my projects it seemed to be falling apart. I had a half dozen XP and Windoze 7 computers running MidiTzer with HW and kX management software successfully (I wrote that 100-page tutorial about it just as the new Win 10 conquered the market and I may possibly revise it if Raspberry Pi works for me).

Although my former work seemed a bit obsolete, I recently decided to return to my first love and use jOrgan to power the continuing projects, including the two-console system with a 4-manual theatre horseshoe and also a classic drawknob console.

This week I attended a super workshop re: Raspberry Pi and although it raised many questions regarding MIDI organ application, it may solve an incredible dilemma for me.

I have a bunch of questions as I approach the project with trepidation. On top of which my engineer with the soldering skills died recently. So things in my corner of teh kingdom are more than iffy. But the bottom line is I cannot get away from my deep-seated passion to promote the King of Instruments to today's generation before it its too late.

pk
StentorVox.com



From: BrianS <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [jOrgan-user] New ideas...

Hi Paul,

I agree with you.

Does your museum have an online presence?  I would like to see it, but could
never visit in person.

It sounds fascinating to say the least.

My console is everything in one.  It has some classical pipe organs, theater
organs, draw bar organs (some very close to the B3 - there is actually a B3
simulator as well, and more general Draw bar organs, and some weird ideas
that I have thought out by myself.  It is even an 'arranger keyboard' but
only one on steroids, as it is a 3 manual arranger keyboard, instead of the
normal single manual arrange keyboard.  It has 'built in' rhythms - 1000's
of them. And it as 100's of sounds to choose from as well.

As from this morning, I am considering splitting the functions.  so instead
of having an all in one console, I am thinking of separating them. I have
two Yamaha spinet type organs, that are nog in a good working condition
anymore.  For years, I have thought about mounting two 13 note pedal boards
alongside each other, and of course, losing one of the 'C' notes, as you
cannot have 2 next to each other. Today, I saw a video of a guy playing
beautifully on his Yamaha, and this is exactly what he has done.

Regards,

Brian.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

eagles051387
I also want to add an interesting addition to this as I am working on an interesting project but its jorgan itself. I know alot of you are not coders, but I am going to give you an over view of what I am up to.

Jorgan is a bunch of smaller projects tied into one project through some scripts. I am working  on actually consolidating all those projects into one so that a single executable JAR (equivalent to an exe file on windows) file can be created with all the projects in one as well as ease the maintainability and decrease complexity. With this would bring a greater increase in portability. You can throw the JAR file on a pen drive and move the pen drive from machine to machine as long as the java JRE is there you are good to go.

The only issue I am still working on is that the GUI isnt loading so further debugging from my end is needed.

Jonathan Aquilina

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:51 AM, Paul Kealy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Brian,

My offlist reply bounced back, so I'll re-address it here.
You are to be admired for your innovative spirit. It is real encouragement.

Although my organ museum projects went kablooey for a couple of years, my website is
still intact at StentorVox dot com and I am on the verge of bringing new energy to my former project that had been set aside when our city declared bankruptcy. They own the venue that houses the organ I was restoring and union is not friendly to our using it.

I am so encouraged by those on this list, especially our antipodean friends. There seems quite a great organ revival effort down there.

I have a dozen consoles and dozens of interactive workstations illustrating the physics and properties of sound and how well the organ illustrates it all.
 
Just as my I needed jOrgan to power my projects it seemed to be falling apart. I had a half dozen XP and Windoze 7 computers running MidiTzer with HW and kX management software successfully (I wrote that 100-page tutorial about it just as the new Win 10 conquered the market and I may possibly revise it if Raspberry Pi works for me).

Although my former work seemed a bit obsolete, I recently decided to return to my first love and use jOrgan to power the continuing projects, including the two-console system with a 4-manual theatre horseshoe and also a classic drawknob console.

This week I attended a super workshop re: Raspberry Pi and although it raised many questions regarding MIDI organ application, it may solve an incredible dilemma for me.

I have a bunch of questions as I approach the project with trepidation. On top of which my engineer with the soldering skills died recently. So things in my corner of teh kingdom are more than iffy. But the bottom line is I cannot get away from my deep-seated passion to promote the King of Instruments to today's generation before it its too late.

pk
StentorVox.com



From: BrianS <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [jOrgan-user] New ideas...

Hi Paul,

I agree with you.

Does your museum have an online presence?  I would like to see it, but could
never visit in person.

It sounds fascinating to say the least.

My console is everything in one.  It has some classical pipe organs, theater
organs, draw bar organs (some very close to the B3 - there is actually a B3
simulator as well, and more general Draw bar organs, and some weird ideas
that I have thought out by myself.  It is even an 'arranger keyboard' but
only one on steroids, as it is a 3 manual arranger keyboard, instead of the
normal single manual arrange keyboard.  It has 'built in' rhythms - 1000's
of them. And it as 100's of sounds to choose from as well.

As from this morning, I am considering splitting the functions.  so instead
of having an all in one console, I am thinking of separating them. I have
two Yamaha spinet type organs, that are nog in a good working condition
anymore.  For years, I have thought about mounting two 13 note pedal boards
alongside each other, and of course, losing one of the 'C' notes, as you
cannot have 2 next to each other. Today, I saw a video of a guy playing
beautifully on his Yamaha, and this is exactly what he has done.

Regards,

Brian.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

John Reimer
Administrator
Jonathan,

Thanks for the update.

John Reimer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Aaron Laws
In reply to this post by eagles051387
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also want to add an interesting addition to this as I am working on an interesting project but its jorgan itself. I know alot of you are not coders, but I am going to give you an over view of what I am up to.

Jorgan is a bunch of smaller projects tied into one project through some scripts. I am working  on actually consolidating all those projects into one so that a single executable JAR (equivalent to an exe file on windows) file can be created with all the projects in one as well as ease the maintainability and decrease complexity. With this would bring a greater increase in portability. You can throw the JAR file on a pen drive and move the pen drive from machine to machine as long as the java JRE is there you are good to go.

The only issue I am still working on is that the GUI isnt loading so further debugging from my end is needed.

Jonathan Aquilina

That seems reasonable. Where can we see your work? Do you have a branch to which you are committing somewhere?

In Christ,
Aaron Laws

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

eagles051387
Hi Aaron right now it's not usable at all as there is no user interface. I think once that is up and running I'll put it up on bitbucket

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 Mar 2017, at 15:51, Aaron Laws <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
I also want to add an interesting addition to this as I am working on an interesting project but its jorgan itself. I know alot of you are not coders, but I am going to give you an over view of what I am up to.

Jorgan is a bunch of smaller projects tied into one project through some scripts. I am working  on actually consolidating all those projects into one so that a single executable JAR (equivalent to an exe file on windows) file can be created with all the projects in one as well as ease the maintainability and decrease complexity. With this would bring a greater increase in portability. You can throw the JAR file on a pen drive and move the pen drive from machine to machine as long as the java JRE is there you are good to go.

The only issue I am still working on is that the GUI isnt loading so further debugging from my end is needed.

Jonathan Aquilina

That seems reasonable. Where can we see your work? Do you have a branch to which you are committing somewhere?

In Christ,
Aaron Laws
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

Aaron Laws
On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Jonathan Aquilina <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Aaron right now it's not usable at all as there is no user interface. I think once that is up and running I'll put it up on bitbucket


Feel free to put it up before then; I would love to see your work, and I may be able to help? It would help inform any changes I make as well (whether or not my changes get published with yours or not).

In Christ,
Aaron Laws

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
jOrgan-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jorgan-user
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: New ideas...

BrianS
In reply to this post by eagles051387
Hi Jonathan,

Do you perhaps know why Sven decided to 'externalize' jOrgan, to all the different small .dll files.

What is your progress like currently with jOrgan?

Regards,

Brian.
Regards,

BrianS