Musician's Friend - dealer

I know this is off topic, but I want to know if anybody has ever dealt with Musicians Friend.  I want to buy from them, and they need to shop to South Africa.

Any compents welcome please.

Re: Musician's Friend - dealer

Jim Southard
Hi Brian, Musicians Friend is a good store. Was in one a few days ago. I
have have had good and bad shipments to SA make sure that MF doesn't
ship USPS - Bad but Fedx is good

Kind regards,

Jim Southard - Chief engineer for MIDIConcepts. com

On 2/27/2017 9:28 AM, BrianS wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know this is off topic, but I want to know if anybody has ever dealt with
> Musicians Friend.  I want to buy from them, and they need to shop to South
> Africa.
>
> Any compents welcome please.
>
> Brian.
>

> -----
> Regards,
>
> BrianS

Re: Musician's Friend - dealer

BrianS
Thank you Jim.

I am looking for a midi sound module, something cheap, like the Keytron or Edirol modules, but with reasonably good sound.

I see now that the device is not available at MF - such a disapointment, because they advertise it ast such a good price.

Anyone here know where I can buy one?

Re: Musician's Friend - dealer

grahamg
Hi Brian,

Thomann stock the Keytron modules:

https://www.thomann.de/ie/ketron_sd_2.htm?ref=search_rslt_General+MIDI+Sound+Module_192332_1

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 2/28/17, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am looking for a midi sound module, something cheap, like the Keytron or
> Edirol modules, but with reasonably good sound.
> Anyone here know where I can buy one?
>
> Brian.

Re: Musician's Friend - dealer

BrianS
Thank you Graham, for your trouble.

I want too add this into my jOrgan disposition.

That is much to expensive for me........

I will have to keep on looking.

Multichannel Audio Output - High Quality

eapperley
Brian,

I'd recommend that you look seriously at multichannel USB Audio Interfaces.  Sure these will be more expensive than just a card for the PI but you are guaranteed the best quality audio as they often use professional grade preamps internally and have high-speed audio processors.

As an example I use a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB with Hauptwerk on Windows.  I haven't had time to check it on the Pi or Beaglebone with Linux and jOrgan but on researching I just found this post (there are others) that indicate that it will work under Linux :

"The good news is that I can confirm that the new focusrite saffire 6 in usb2.0 works well with alsa/linux. I am very happy."

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=13475

This is just one of many USB Audio interfaces.

Eric

Re: Multichannel Audio Output - High Quality

BrianS
Thank you Eric, for this information.