Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA

Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA
Administrator
Hi Friends,

I'm in the process of migrating our Wiki to the current Mediawiki release 1.25.1, and I need your help regarding rights and permissions.

These are the members who had got so called 'editor' permissions in the past:
http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=contributors

Please help me by visiting [http://jorgan.argonon.de] and testing, if you can
-- login
-- edit pages
-- upload small files

Please report any issues you may experience here.

Thank you.

all the best,
BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

erikds
Hello Bernd,

I tried to log in but did not succeed.
Then i tried the "Password Reset" function, but no temporary password
has been received after entering my username.

Should i just make a new account?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Erik.

BCA wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> I'm in the process of migrating our Wiki to the current Mediawiki release
> 1.25.1, and I need your help regarding rights and permissions.
>
> These are the members who had got so called 'editor' permissions in the
> past:
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=contributors
>
> Please help me by visiting [http://jorgan.argonon.de] and testing, if you
> can
> -- login
> -- edit pages
> -- upload small files
>
> Please report any issues you may experience here.
>
> Thank you.
>

> -----
> all the best,
> BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

Hi Bernd and Erik,

I was able to log-in just fine.

BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA
Hi Guys,
please do not act some way until further notice, I'll try to recreate any rights here. No new accounts necessary so far.

Thanks for reporting.
all the best,
BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

erikds
Hello Bernd,

Please disregard the message below.
In the mean time i did receive a temporary password.
It just took some more time to arrive here.
I have replaced the temporary password and can now log in with the new one.

All the best.

Erik.
---------------------

BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA
Administrator
Hi Erik,

I thought so. It may need some time to receive that e-mail, indeed. It depends on the mail provider used.
No problem.

Can you edit and save something?
all the best,
BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

erikds
Hello Bernd,

I don't have editing rights and currently don't need them.

All the best.

Erik.
------------------------------
BCA wrote:

> Hi Erik,
>
> I thought so. It may need some time to receive that e-mail, indeed. It
> depends on the mail provider used.
> No problem.
>
> Can you edit and save something?
>

> -----
> all the best,
> BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

lwalls
I logged in successfully (after getting new password via email).

Checked several wiki pages and found that I do indeed have "edit" rights.  But I did not
actually make/save any changes to the wiki text.

Lynn Walls

On 6/26/2015 3:49 AM, BCA wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> I'm in the process of migrating our Wiki to the current Mediawiki release
> 1.25.1, and I need your help regarding rights and permissions.
>
> These are the members who had got so called 'editor' permissions in the
> past:
> http://jorgan.argonon.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Special:ListUsers&group=contributors
>
> Please help me by visiting [http://jorgan.argonon.de] and testing, if you
> can
> -- login
> -- edit pages
> -- upload small files
>
> Please report any issues you may experience here.
>
> Thank you.
>

> -----
> all the best,
> BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

pcstratman
I was able to log in.

Paul
BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA
Administrator
Hi Guys,

I received several mailer daemons for password reset requests to the jOrgan 1.25.1 Wiki.

That means, those members have still a sourceforge mail address in the database. Thus, those members won't receive a temporary password without my handish help.

I'll replace the sourceforge mail adresses by the adresses used in the Nabble mailing list. Afterwards, you'll get a confirmation e-mail from the system, that your mail adress has been changed by someone. That is right, of course. Please confirm the new e-mail address and send again a password request. You'll get a correct temporary password then.

Sorry for that little inconvenience.
all the best,
BCA
BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA
Administrator
Hello Bumblebee001356,

I received a mailer daemon, regarding two password reset requests from you (what means your account hasn't a valid e-mail address), and wasn't able to find a current e-mail address for correction.

If you're interested in that account, please send me a private mail with a valid e-mail address to

bca at argonon dot de

so I can recreate that account correctly.

Thank you.

all the best,
BCA
BCA

Re: Migrating jOrgan Wiki to MediaWiki 1.25.1

BCA
Hi Guys,

the migration process of the jOrgan Wiki is finished so far; anything appears to be fully functional again. If you experience any issues, difficulties with your accounts or other things, please contact me personally at

bca(at)argonon(dot)de

Backups will be made monthly.

Those who have contributed to the Wiki in the past, should maintain their contributions (for instance, update broken links, or look whether the contribution is still in a current state), so we'll be up to date any time.

Thanks guys.
all the best,
BCA