Quantcast

Limiting Simultanious Stops or Couplers

BrianS
In the past, I have asked about the following, but cannot find the answer in Nabble on this forum.

I have two different couplers, but only one can be selected at any moment, if one is selected, and you select the other one, it should automatically deselect the first coupler. I want to possibly do this with more than two, I want to do it with any number of couplers. So I want to use either no coupler, or only one coupler in a selection of different couplers.

I want to do the same with stops.  I have a selection of 20 different Piano sounds, but only need one of them active at any moment.  I never want two of them active at the same time. Any subsequent selection of another Piano sound, should cancel any previously selected Piano sound, and only the last selected Piano shound should remain active. So I want to use either no stop, or only one stop in a selection of different stops.

I think Lynn explained it last time, but I cannot find the answer to that.

I hope you understand.

Re: Limiting Simultanious Stops or Couplers

BrianS wrote
 I want to use either no coupler, or only one coupler in a selection of different couplers.
Brian,
I think that the Synchronizer element will allow you to do what you are after. Here is the jOrgan Wiki link:
http://jorgan-home.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Synchronizer

You may also find this thread useful, because you have to get the order of the references correct:
http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/Synchronizer-question-td4657514.html

However, you will still have to work out the details, which may include the use of other switching elements and also (dummy) stops with a combination of on or off states. Apologies if I am leading you up a blind alley.

Re: Limiting Simultanious Stops or Couplers

BrianS
Hi John and all,

I tried your suggestion, but I get erratic results, so something I am doing is wrong.

Does anybody have an example of a situation where in a group of stops, only one stop in the group is selectable at any moment?

Re: Limiting Simultanious Stops or Couplers

RoyR
Hi, Brian,

               Any group of Stops referenced by a Regulator should work that way.

On 26 May 2017 at 08:27, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi John and all,

I tried your suggestion, but I get erratic results, so something I am doing
is wrong.

Does anybody have an example of a situation where in a group of stops, only
one stop in the group is selectable at any moment?

Re: Limiting Simultanious Stops or Couplers

BrianS
Roy,

Thank you!

I always try to make life more difficult.  It works like a dream.