Quantcast

KX Project Drivers

jbeach2646
Is anyone on this forum currently using the KX Project drivers with a Creative Labs soundcard and Windows 7 64-bit?
Other than the increased memory capability of Windows 7 64-bit, surpassing the 4 Gigabyte limitation of 32-bit Windows OSes,  I am beginning to think that there are few other advantages to having upgraded from Windows XP SP3 or Windows 7 32-bit.
With Windows 7, support for drivers for a soundcard Gameport is no longer made and, apparently, only USB MIDI is now supported.  The latest version of KX Project drivers (3550) is poor and useless for all practical purposes in Windows 7 (especially 64-bit).
I have a Yamaha USB MIDI cable but have had no luck getting it to work with the X-Fi Titanium Soundcard in a computer attached to my Midified Allen organ, so I keep an SB Live! 5.1 soundcard
with MIDI/Gameport connector which works in Windows XP Home edition.

It has gotten to the point where the Operating System advances have left the hardware in the dust before any of it is worn out.  This is one aspect of the computer economy that I find distasteful.
Compelling upgrades are wasteful.   Which makes me wonder.....is anybody still using Windows 98?  Windows 95?   Windows 3.1????  Just curious!

Re: KX Project Drivers

BCA-3
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Σχετ: KX Project Drivers

Panos K. Ghekas

Still using PC 486 with windows 95 at the office as there are inside many archives of law-suits and documents...... Black & white screen 4:3...... no soundcard on board....:-O έκπληξη

Replying just for the fun of it...:) χαρούμενος

Panos

Απο: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Προς: jOrgan Users <[hidden email]>
Στάλθηκε: 3:37 μ.μ. Σάββατο, 21 Ιανουαρίου 2012
Θεμα: [jOrgan-user] KX Project Drivers

[...]

"The problem with this setup was, the CPU was too fast for the OS and mixed
up the software machine code commands, so much software did not run on this
system without unexpected terminations and blue screens."

In fact, I'd have enjoyed to use such a computer for the everyday typewriter
functions. I've all Windows versions and older software products still
waiting here, for the moment they'll run again, on mobile phones ;-).

--Bernd.

I know that that older operating systems like 95 and 98 install very quickly
on the newer machines.  I have done that a couple of times.  I have one 1.2
Ghz PC with Windows 98 on it.
I never use it, it is just sitting here.    I did manage to solve my
problems today.  I put the SB Live! soundcard in the PC to which the organ
is connected for MIDI interface and loaded the Creative drivers with that
and then put in an X-Fi Xtreme Music soundcard with the Creative drivers.
That PC runs Windows XP Home SP3.  I played it for a couple of hours this
afternoon and it worked very well.
My working PC has the Audigy 2 ZS in it for MIDI interface and because it
will run Vienna 2.3 which is the least complicated of the Soundfont editors
to use.  I am reading John Reimer's
tutorial on Viena which I have used, but there are parts of it that I have
difficulty with, so the tutorial should be handy.  (Nice work, and thanks,
John!)  I have two OSes on the working PC,
Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 64-bit.  If I want to do serious soundfont
work, I boot into XP and transfer what I finish to the Windows 7.  For MIDI
file playing, I use jOrgan in Win 7 with the X-Fi Titanium soundcard.  I can
not get the two cards two cooperate in Windows 7 because there is no support
for the gameport/midi port.  So I can only use my Blasterkey MP3 keyboard
with the XP OS.  It will not work in Win 7.    That is why I somewhat
dislike the speed with which PC technology has advanced making some hardware
obsolete before it is worn out.  It is a waste of
money, but keeps the economy going, I guess.