Jack Audio Failure

Chris P
I have been happily using Jack/Portaudio/Reverberate some considerable time now using jOrgan v3.14b. Last week I ran into a problem with the sound which I believe is called "underrun" i.e. crackling. I cured this by altering the PC's performance. The PC is getting somewhat bloated! Today, I fired up the PC and a new disposition I am working on. I got substantial latency and very garbled sound.
After closing jOrgan I used WM player and YT, OK, fine. I then opened up jOrgan again and used a Portaudio/ASIO only disposition, OK again. In fact quite good.
I thought I might therefore have a problem in Jack, which I then uninstalled and re-installed. Set up as per instructions on Sourceforge as I had done originally, altering the shortcut path to "D:\Program Files\Jack v1.9.8\jackd.exe" -R -S -d portaudio -d "ASIO4ALL v2" as before. Now when I click on the jackd desktop icon I get an error message. "jackd.exe - Entry point not found.  The procedure entry point jackctl_parse_params could not be located in the dynamic link library libjackserver.dll". The file libjackserver is there in Jack. Re-downloaded Jack v1.9.8, uninstalled, re-installed. Set up desktop shortcuts again. Same error.
Windows XP SP3.

Help required, please.

P.S. Have decided to update to v3.17. Still more problems. Will post on these later when I come down from the ceiling.

Regards
Chris P
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Jack Audio Failure

Chris P
Further to my earlier post I have now un-installed jOrgan v3.14b and installed v3.17. Downloaded libfluidsynth 1.1.4-jack1.9.8 x86 from Graham G's  site (for Windows Xp 32 bit). Searched and deleted a leftover from jack 1.9.7 and uninstalled jack 1.9.8.and then re-installed jack v1.9.8.  Put the libfluidsynth and libjack dlls into jOrgan lib file. Followed the instructions on the sourceforge wiki for Jack Audio Connection in Windows. I intend to use Reverberate as before. But I am still getting an error dialogue box, as per attached pic, when I click on the jackd icon
Were am I going wrong, I had this working in jOrgan v3.14b.
All my dispositions are running OK using Portaudio/ASIO!

Chris P

Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Jack Audio Failure

grahamg
Hi Chris,

This is a Jack for Windows issue, when do you get the error - when
running Jack Portaudio or when loading a jOrgan disposition?

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 11/21/12, Chris P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Further to my earlier post I have now un-installed jOrgan v3.14b and
> installed v3.17. Downloaded libfluidsynth 1.1.4-jack1.9.8 x86 from Graham
> G's  site (for Windows Xp 32 bit). Searched and deleted a leftover from
> jack
> 1.9.7 and uninstalled jack 1.9.8.and then re-installed jack v1.9.8.  Put
> the
> libfluidsynth and libjack dlls into jOrgan lib file. Followed the
> instructions on the sourceforge wiki for Jack Audio Connection in Windows.
> intend to use Reverberate as before. But I am still getting an error
> dialogue box, as per attached pic, when I click on the jackd icon
> Were am I going wrong, I had this working in jOrgan v3.14b.
> All my dispositions are running OK using Portaudio/ASIO!
>
> Chris P
>

> <http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656224/jackd.bmp>
>

> -----
> Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Jack Audio Failure

Chris P
Hi, Graham
The error occurs immediately on clicking on the jackd shortcut on the desktop prior to opening anything else for jOrgan. The jackd dialogue box opens blank (black) as shown immediately followed by the error message!

Regards
Chris P
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Jack Audio Failure

Chris P
Hi, Graham
I have now got Jackd and Jackcontrol working using Jack v1.9.9, except I now cannot get jOrgan v3.17 to see JackRouter!

Can you confirm that the screenshot is showing the correct message, it is slightly different to v1.9.8

Regards
Chris P
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Jack Audio Failure

Chris P
Screenshot I forgot to attach.

Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Jack Audio Failure

Chris P
Hi, Graham
I am having other problems with my computer which leads me to believe it my fail soon. This may also be the reason that I have had problems with jOrgan sound. I have just recently bought another which I was going to use soley for jOrgan but I am now going to have to rethink.

I will wait until you have developed a "backend" for Jack/Portaudio to use on the new system.

Regards
Chris P
Location: West Yorkshire, UK