Hitting the "Reply" button

jbird604
Tomas,

I use AOL and my mail software is AOL version 8.0.  The "bug" may be in my software, because the same problem occurs with the other forums I subscribe to.  When I get a message (from you or another jOrgan-er, or from another forum),  the "FROM:"  line in the header shows the individual sender's address.  Then, when I hit "Reply," a new message window opens with the "SEND TO:" address being the original sender.

If I type in my message and then send it, it will only go to the original poster, and not to the whole group.  I have to manually change the "SEND TO:"  address to    [hidden email]   so that the message will indeed be posted to the forum.

On the other hand, if I hit the "Reply All" button, the new message I type will be sent both to the original poster and to the forum.  That's the button I should hit, but I can't ever remember to do that!

Nice to hear from you.

John Birdsong
Piano and Organ Service
Since 1975
Greenbrier, Arkansas USA
Member -- Musical Instrument Technicians Association
501-679-4586
501-730-4883

Re: Hitting the "Reply" button

Tomas Nykung-2
On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 09:17:09AM -0400, [hidden email] wrote:
> Tomas,
>
> I use AOL and my mail software is AOL version 8.0.

You have my compassion :)

> The "bug" may be in my
> software, because the same problem occurs with the other forums I subscribe to.
> When I get a message (from you or another jOrgan-er, or from another forum),
> the "FROM:"  line in the header shows the individual sender's address.  Then,
> when I hit "Reply," a new message window opens with the "SEND TO:" address
> being the original sender.
>
> If I type in my message and then send it, it will only go to the original
> poster, and not to the whole group.  I have to manually change the "SEND TO:"
> address to    [hidden email]   so that the message will
> indeed be posted to the forum.
>
> On the other hand, if I hit the "Reply All" button, the new message I type
> will be sent both to the original poster and to the forum.  That's the button I
> should hit, but I can't ever remember to do that!

That's better, but consider that the original poster then get two copies
of your mail, one from you directly and one from the list.
Not a big deal, but best practice is to reply only to the list (if the
OP is subscribed to the list).

> Nice to hear from you.

Do you remember me? :)
I'm still using Jorgan on Linux, and still lurking in the Jorgan forum,
but I've not had time to participate in the discussion over there.
Practising my organ playing takes too much time :)
I'm taking an evening class once a week and practise as much as possible
in between, and still I can't play those stupid notes :)
(Ok, it's not _that_ bad, but it still takes too much time to learn
every new piece, -it's hard to learn an old dog to sit)

Tomas