Quantcast

Hardware sound module

BrianS
Roy,

This is the 2'nd time I've had to build a disposition for my Yamaha midi keyboard, and it has just under 500 voices.  It is quite a job to just get the basics working.

I'm hoping this is the last time, but have to admit, that I learn something new every time.

Having LOADS of fun,

Re: Hardware sound module

Pete Theisen
How do you represent that many voices on the Pi touch screen?

On 04/21/2017 06:36 AM, BrianS wrote:

> Roy,
>
> This is the 2'nd time I've had to build a disposition for my Yamaha midi
> keyboard, and it has just under 500 voices.  It is quite a job to just get
> the basics working.
>
> I'm hoping this is the last time, but have to admit, that I learn something
> new every time.
>
> Having LOADS of fun,
>
> Brian.
>

> -----
> Regards,
>
> BrianS

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: Hardware sound module

BrianS
Pete,

I am using a lot of consoles, and will be using console switchers.  I plan on having 'hardware' console switching buttons on the console, so I hope to not have any console switcher buttons on the actual screens.

It is a massive task.  I think Roy's sound modules each have more than 6000 different sounds, my I may be wrong.

Re: Hardware sound module

RoyR
Hi, Brian,

               Glad you're having fun, as I always advise!

  No, the Edirol units have 660 sounds each. They are arranged as 3 groups of 128 MIDI patches by using 3 banks, 96, 97 and 98. The banks nominally represent Traditional, Contemporary and Solo. There is also a set of percussion sounds but I've never used them.

   Most of the 128 patches of each bank also have further variations so there's a LOT to play with!