Hammond organ repair / restoration, and resale

Hammond organ repair / restoration, and resale

Although not jOrgan related, I have to tell you what I discovered.  My
jOrgan path started when I bought my first Hammond organ, a beautiful model
E100, in full working condition.  I picked it up for around #80, with no
parts missing. I even got the 40 year old service card with it.

It was my intention from the start to midify this console. But because it
was working, I did not midify it, and just built a console from scratch and
added midified Albhorn pedal to it.

After about 2 years, it broke down.  I reseated all the valves, handling
them with gloves so as not to touch them with my skin.  I vacuumed the
inside of the console as well, it was extremely dusty.  However, nothing
helped.  It was dead.  The motor was turning, but I had no sound.

Then when I did major alterations to my house in 2012, my console was just
too big to fit through the door. My builder agreed that I could keep it in
the house, and he would carfeully move it out of the way and ensure no
damage.  Well, they dropped some bricks on the console - it was destroyed.

Then I decided to gut my Hammond E100 and turn it into my new jOrgan
console, which I did, and still use it today.

Yesterday I discovered by accident, I believe a former Hammond technician,
that is restoring various Hammonds and various Leslies, that he then
resells.  He could have fixed mine too.

Such is life.