Fw: test

jbeach2646
John R., As you can see, I have used the “Forward” to reply to this as proof that I received it, (rather than copying and pasting to a new posting).  If one uses the “Forward,” I know you had
an objection for a logical reason, but I can’t recall if the reason was that the user-list recipients get it and the nabble forum does not or vice-versa.   Could you reiterate that, please?

John Beach

Sent: Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:50 AM
Subject: Re: [jOrgan-user] test

Brian (and anyone else collecting eMail addresses for jOrgan users):
please include my name (Chester H Berry) and this eMail address.
I am near Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA, Mountain time zone (7 hours behind GMT)
/s/Chester

Re: Fw: test

jbeach2646 wrote
> If one uses the “Forward,” I know you had
> an objection for a logical reason

JohnB,

It is for a very practical reason. When you do that, the Nabble Forum makes
a new thread of it, even though it plainly belongs to an existing thread. So
it makes the display very untidy and a little confusing.

JohnR

Re: Fw: test

jbeach2646
John R., is the fact that it makes a new thread of it because of the
"Forward" by the email program,  or because the nabble forum does not read
the Subject header, which, of course, stays the
same?  I confess that it is due to the fact that the "Reply to Sender" or
"Reply to All" choice in the mail program does NOT contain the body of the
posting which is, often, important to the
response to a posting.  I think I explained this reasoning at one time a
while ago when I understood the objection to "Forward".  Now, I try to copy
specific content about which a response pertains.

Re: Fw: test

jbeach2646 wrote
> John R., is the fact that it makes a new thread of it because of the
> "Forward" by the email program

Yes, I think that is highly likely.

JohnR

Re: Fw: test

jOrgan - User mailing list
R U O K ?

More than a week and no postings.

pk
StentorVox.com

Re: Fw: test

greenfox
i'm here

Rick W

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 at 09:13 Paul Kealy via jOrgan-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
R U O K ?

More than a week and no postings.

pk
StentorVox.com

Re: Fw: test

jOrgan - User mailing list
Me too!
/s/Chester H Berry
Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA

On Monday, March 12, 2018, 5:53:30 PM MDT, <[hidden email]> wrote:

i'm here

Rick W

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 at 09:13 Paul Kealy via jOrgan-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
R U O K ?

More than a week and no postings.

pk
StentorVox.com

Re: Fw: test

jOrgan - User mailing list
I got this.
/s/Chester H Berry
Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA

On Monday, March 12, 2018, 5:13:12 PM MDT, Paul Kealy via jOrgan-user <[hidden email]> wrote:

R U O K ?

More than a week and no postings.

pk
StentorVox.com

Re: Fw: test

jOrgan - User mailing list wrote
> More than a week and no postings.

I’m here also. Yes, it has been rather quiet, and I sometimes wonder about
that. But perhaps jOrgan is delivering what most people seek, and they are
not having problems, and they may be happily enjoying it as they use it to
play, as I was ten minutes ago before booting up this computer. I hope so.
However, I would like to see the occasional new jOrgan VPO coming to light,
for us to try.

You may be interested to hear that the GrandOrgue discussion forums (both
the SourceForge one and the English language section of the German one) seem
to be much quieter than our Forum/Mailing List. And, their SF forum was down
for at least two days, I think, but there didn’t seem to be a single post
asking about it. Of course, for those  two days no post would have got
through, but I haven’t noticed anything about it even after SF got it back
on the air.  Is there some other GrandOrgue discussion forum I haven’t
discovered so far?

Another statistic: I just looked this up, and there have been 13,000
downloads of jOrgan 3.20 and 3.21. Does that surprise you?

Re: Fw: test

tbeck
John, perhaps GrandOrgue users are as satisfied as jOrgan users? Sauce for the goose?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 8:29 PM, John Reimer <[hidden email]> wrote:
jOrgan - User mailing list wrote
> More than a week and no postings.

I’m here also. Yes, it has been rather quiet, and I sometimes wonder about
that. But perhaps jOrgan is delivering what most people seek, and they are
not having problems, and they may be happily enjoying it as they use it to
play, as I was ten minutes ago before booting up this computer. I hope so.
However, I would like to see the occasional new jOrgan VPO coming to light,
for us to try.

You may be interested to hear that the GrandOrgue discussion forums (both
the SourceForge one and the English language section of the German one) seem
to be much quieter than our Forum/Mailing List. And, their SF forum was down
for at least two days, I think, but there didn’t seem to be a single post
asking about it. Of course, for those  two days no post would have got
through, but I haven’t noticed anything about it even after SF got it back
on the air.  Is there some other GrandOrgue discussion forum I haven’t
discovered so far?

Another statistic: I just looked this up, and there have been 13,000
downloads of jOrgan 3.20 and 3.21. Does that surprise you?

Re: Fw: test

tbeck wrote
> John, perhaps GrandOrgue users are as satisfied as jOrgan users?

tbeck,

Granted. That may well be the case.   ;-)
I hope it's true for both programs, given the hard work by many people to
make them a success.

JohnR

Re: Fw: test

Chris P
Carrier pigeon just landed with message.
Yes,I'm doing good.

Chris P

-----
Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Location: West Yorkshire, UK

Re: Fw: test

jOrgan - User mailing list
As a lurker ... jOrgan has been a promise for me to persist, so I devour every post and print all I can to learn.

Just as I decided to embrace the organ seriously, the system went bust. Nawt Kewl. But as Casey expressed "at the Bat," hope springs eternal in this human breast.

My desire has been to create a new organ console using jOrgan software that may or may not ever happen due to missing parts as well my meagre knowledge (I am conductor, rather than organist, my organ passion passion only recently ignited) how to pull it off. There are things I hope to achieve using sound fonts and creating screen graphics to actuate them.

I have done so well creating a couple of MidiTzers, pushing its limits, and wish to put together a custom symphonic organ design of my own with 4 or 5 manuals singing through a couple of dozen speakers. Currently my newest MIDI project is just an empty console and a couple of touchscreens.

pk
StentorVox.com

tbeck wrote