Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

jbeach2646
Is Jonathan still moderating?

From: John Reimer
Sent: Sunday, March 5, 2017 7:05 PM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [jOrgan-user] WARNING about Dropbox

On the 15th March, Dropbox will be discontinuing the use of the Public
Folder. It means that on that date all the existing links to files in our
Public Folders will be obsolete.

If I understand their communication correctly, it will still be possible for
people even without Dropbox accounts to access and download (but not edit)
the files we want to share, but this will require new “shared links”. I
don’t follow how this situation will be very different to what has been in
place until now. However, it does mean that all the links we have displayed
on this Forum or elsewhere will need to be changed.

Re: Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

This only affects files that were published from our Public folders.
I've not used my public folder in years - I've created new folders in
the dropbox root and shared the file link, so there is no difference
for them.

But if you have shared files in your Public dropbox folder, then yes -
you''ll need to publish new links to those files once March 15th has
passed.

Kind regards,
GrahamG

On 3/6/17, John Beach <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is Jonathan still moderating?
>
> John Beach

Re: Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

eagles051387
Sven has revoked my admin and moderation privileges. I'm still here though

Sent from my iPhone

> On 06 Mar 2017, at 05:31, Graham Goode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> This only affects files that were published from our Public folders.
> I've not used my public folder in years - I've created new folders in
> the dropbox root and shared the file link, so there is no difference
> for them.
>
> But if you have shared files in your Public dropbox folder, then yes -
> you''ll need to publish new links to those files once March 15th has
> passed.
>
> Kind regards,
> GrahamG
>
>> On 3/6/17, John Beach <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is Jonathan still moderating?
>>
>> John Beach

Re: Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

Pete Theisen
So who is moderating?

On 03/05/2017 11:40 PM, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

> Sven has revoked my admin and moderation privileges. I'm still here though
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 06 Mar 2017, at 05:31, Graham Goode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> This only affects files that were published from our Public folders.
>> I've not used my public folder in years - I've created new folders in
>> the dropbox root and shared the file link, so there is no difference
>> for them.
>>
>> But if you have shared files in your Public dropbox folder, then yes -
>> you''ll need to publish new links to those files once March 15th has
>> passed.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> GrahamG
>>
>>> On 3/6/17, John Beach <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Is Jonathan still moderating?

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

BrianS
Why did he do that, do you know Jonathan?

Re: Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

eagles051387
I need to do a bit of research into this. To me this looks perfectly legitimate at this stage but then I still need to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 06 Mar 2017, at 06:15, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Why did he do that, do you know Jonathan?
>
> Brian.
>

> -----
> Regards,
>
> BrianS

Re: Fw: WARNING about Dropbox

BrianS
Surely, Sven does not want to kill of jOrgan?