Fw: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Fw: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

jbeach2646
Bob, if you have the service manual for the organ (not the user’s manual) it should give you the particulars on the transformer.  There is a service manual for a Conn classic 825 available on ebay.com
for about $35. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XConn+Classic+organ+service+manual.TRS0&_nkw=Conn+Classic+organ+service+manual&_sacat=0 ) ( This might give you information concerning the number and voltages of the windings of the transformer.  If you can not get a factory-built replacement (because Conn is no longer in business), you may be able to order one with the specific windings and voltages from a company which produces them.
This is a virtual-organ software group and, while we do discuss MIDI retrofits for vintage, analog organs, we don’t normally deal with unrelated, technical problems such as you have with your Conn.

In order to unsubscribe, send an email to the  “ [hidden email]; “   address it to the moderator,  Jonathan, and he will remove you the list, since you don’t want to continue to receive
user emails which are of no interest to you.

John Beach

Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:40 AM
Subject: Re: [jOrgan-user] Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Hi Aaron,

I'm Bob in Corvallis, Oregon, and I got on this list to find a transformer for my large Conn classic model organ which has broken down, but I don't this this site can help me, or can it?

I have no idea how to unsubscribe, either. Can you help and advise?

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Fw: Setting sample playback speed on the fly

Bob Thompson
Hi John,
Thanks for your answer. I have both manuals for the organ. I just need the replacement part. I'll look into the virtual replacement. Sounds expensive.
Bob

Needed organ parts (was: Setting sample playback speed on the fly)

Paul Kealy
Bob:

Have you tried:

Wish I lived closer to you than So Cal
(Although we get there to visit our kids in Tigard often, we usually fly or Amtrak)

I have two working classic 720 Conns I am ready to dump (since I am running out of museum warehouse space) with a dozen other instruments.

pk
StentorVox.com

Bob wrote:

> I'm Bob in Corvallis, Oregon, and I got on this list to find a
> transformer for my large Conn classic model organ which has broken down,
> but I don't this this site can help me, or can it?

Re: Needed organ parts (was: Setting sample playback speed on the fly)

BrianS
Paul,

Wishing I was close by, so that you could 'dump' one of those Conn's into my house

Re: Needed organ parts (was: Setting sample playback speed on the fly)

Paul,

But on a more serious note.

I will soon start documenting everything I've done with the Raspberry Pi, building on Ray's work.

I am super impressed with the results! I have both manuals and pedals of my Yamaha spinet organ wired up, connected to my Midi Boutique interface, and then to the Raspberry Pi.  And to this I have connected my USB soundcard, and to that, a set of cheap computer speakers, but they sound OK for testing purposes.  So I have Rick Watson's Christie (which I have modified for a 2 manual console) as well as John B's Little Bay playing beautifully on this little instrument.  I am so excited.

Re: Needed organ parts

Paul Kealy
My wish, as well.
pk

<snip>

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 9:36 AM, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Paul,

But on a more serious note.

I will soon start documenting everything I've done with the Raspberry Pi,
building on Ray's work.

I am super impressed with the results! I have both manuals and pedals of my
Yamaha spinet organ wired up, connected to my Midi Boutique interface, and
then to the Raspberry Pi.  And to this I have connected my USB soundcard,
and to that, a set of cheap computer speakers, but they sound OK for testing
purposes.  So I have Rick Watson's Christie (which I have modified for a 2
manual console) as well as John B's Little Bay playing beautifully on this
little instrument.  I am so excited.

Brian.

Great work, Brian; I'm excited for you! I wouldn't mind seeing a video of this set up :-)