Quantcast

Fw: Recorder Operation.

jbeach2646
Roy,  All the keyboards and the Console of the disposition must be referenced to the recorder.  The recorder records every change that is made to elements on the Console, as well as the MIDI note-on/note-off messages represented by the blue-line input to the right of the Division Names on the left side of the Recorder window/tab.  If you played something between 0000/0000 and 0000/0010,
you should see the blue line input after the division name which you used to input what you played and, in after the Disposition Console Name in the Recorder Window, below the division names, you
should see thin, blue lines for the selected stops or any incidental switches, tremulant, swell pedal changes, etc.  which are made during the recording.  You state, “Ejecting again asks if I want to save the performance.”  Click yes and you should see the .mid  file in the specific disposition folder of jOrgan.  If you were to click on the file the recorder window should show you the same data which you
had just saved.
Hope this helps.......or you aren’t having fun......

John Beach

Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:26 AM
Subject: [jOrgan-user] Recorder Operation.

Hi, Everyone,

                     I seem to be missing something (Probably between the ears!) in the jOrgan Recorder function. Starting with no MIDI files available, I click Eject, fill a name in the blank box, and click Choose.

   That all seems OK, the filename appears, the greyed-out Record button changes to its active red color and, when I click it, the progress bar starts moving and the 0000/0000 time display ramps up to, say, 0000/0010. The Record button also changes to a black Stop button. If I click it, the recording stops, the progress bar goes back to the start position and the display goes back to 0000/0000.

   Ejecting again asks if I want to save the performance but doing so seems to result in an empty file. Reloading it into the Recorder doesn't show any content and clicking Play does nothing.

    Could anyone who has used the Record function supply the missing link please?