Fw: Leeds Minster Sound always on

jbeach2646
Chris, I have taken this advice and have done just that in both the
Customizer and the Fluidsynth Sound Polyphony rate.  What I have yet to
figure out is why the choice of portaudio driver (which
worked flawlessly for multiple instances of Fluidsynth/Soundfonts and
multiple devices) now shows an immediate red "x" on the Fluidsynth Icon and
I can not use portaudio as a driver at all.

I have no problem with dsound (driver) at all and can use multiple instances
and multiple devices.

Thanks for your input.

Re: Fw: Leeds Minster Sound always on

jbeach2646 wrote
> now shows an immediate red "x" on the Fluidsynth Icon and
> I can not use portaudio as a driver at all.

JohnB,

Have you made sure that there is no sample rate conflict occurring? Check,
for example, what the Fluidsynth Property is set at, (44.1, 48?) and see
whether the soundcard has the same setting. Or if the latter is difficult,
simply change the Fluidsynth to the other rate and see what happens.

Re: Fw: Leeds Minster Sound always on

jbeach2646
John R. ,  Thanks for the information.  After making the necessary
adjustments and agreements between the settings, I now find that portaudio
does, indeed, work, however, with
significantly higher buffer size and polyphony size (matching) of 1024, as
compared with 128, 256 or 512 for dsound.  At least, it does work and the
lesson is that there must be
that agreement of both buffer size and polyphony and 44,100 for the sample
rate in Fluidsynth Sound.