Fw: 'Hardware GM1 Midi banks"

jbeach2646
There are Roland soundbanks available as both soundfonts and (dls)
downloadable sounds (gm.dls).  Of course, the Roland standard sound set with
Microsoft Wavetable Software Synthesizer is standard in all operating
systems used for Midi playback of onboard audio.  The Roland SCC-1.sf2 has
been around for many years.  I substituted the Fury soundbank for the gm.dls
in my system.  My favorite General Midi soundbank is the AWERAMGM.SF2,
based, entirely,  on the AWEROMGM.SF2.  I modified the acoustic piano and
Church Organ presets with a Steinway soundfont preset for the piano and an
home-made plenum for the Church Organ.   It is large (44MB) in size, but the
quality is excellent.   Size should not pose a memory problem with the
number of RaspPis configured together.

Re: Fw: 'Hardware GM1 Midi banks"

I am looking to use hardware soundbanks, because the Raspberry Pi is not that powerful a computer.  I have made a disposition, where I simultaneously configured a GM soundfont, as well as an Arranger midi keyboard, in the 'sound module' mode.  Using the hardware sound module, it frees up memory for a better organ soundfont, while at the same time, moving the GM soundset onto a seperate audio pair, without costing an arm and a leg.